Why do some people think they are always right?

Because none of us dislike ourselves doesn't matter how fair & unfair (right or wrong) we are here, almost 95% haman beings think whatever they do is always right as per their prospectives, it is not you who criticize yourself on your deeds, may be therefore it happens… I hope I may have answered your question….

They are not broad minded people. They have difficulty in accepting people as they are. They have no vision and they have no idea or vision that universe is very vast. Each human being is learning very fast and has capacity to understand people.

As they have limited vision and ego issue, so they are always think that they are right.

Well, we do what serves what we need. Maybe that belief is serving them.

Having confidence in one’s judgement is required for us to move ahead and feel things are under control, having no blindspot. Some folks cannot afford to lose that confidence in all situations unless they are assured of not losing what’s important to them.

It is a combination of things stemming towards the prime psychological disorder called narcissism, egocentric, ignorance and inferior complex, some are bipolar and show high levels of intimidating behavior, aggression, short temper and mood swings. Alot of their defensive behavior can be over the top presence, high self esteem, position of authority, gaslighting, silent treatment, independent behavior, favoritism, high expectations, controlling and manipulation by victim card and black mail. These people get a high in victimizing the weak in people so normally they are a spouse, parent, best f

It is a combination of things stemming towards the prime psychological disorder called narcissism, egocentric, ignorance and inferior complex, some are bipolar and show high levels of intimidating behavior, aggression, short temper and mood swings. Alot of their defensive behavior can be over the top presence, high self esteem, position of authority, gaslighting, silent treatment, independent behavior, favoritism, high expectations, controlling and manipulation by victim card and black mail. These people get a high in victimizing the weak in people so normally they are a spouse, parent, best friend or boss. The only way to deal with this is by information, knowledge and understanding. You need to understand what why and how the person is the way they are and mostly but not all cases completely detachment. They have a not so well studied mental disorder meaning it falls under not urgent and its well known that the individual either grows out of it, changes it through time and personal effort or just lives a perfectly functioning life with it just a very toxic life as well. It falls under drug addiction wich is a mental disorder but not cancer or anything uncontrollable wich makes it difficult for people to find a way to get help. Similarly like pedophilia, disassociate personality disorder wich are very common diseases that have little to no studies. It's easy to go to a clinic and say I'm depressed and get treated and still be socially acceptable but it's impossible to do the same and say I'm attracted to children or last night my girlfriend talked to me the whole night and I don't remember none of it or hey boss I just did a whole ounce of Peruvian blow I think I'm taking the weekend off. YIAA DIG….

I'll give you one possibility.

Some people have emotional wounding from childhood where they stored a message that they weren't enough. Smart enough, clever enough, quick enough - the list goes on.

No one ever spoke these words to them. They created the story in their own mind, to make sense of one or a number of related situations.

They then carry that subconscious message forward in life. When a situation presents that re-minds them of the previous source of wounding, their subconscious mind responds with a compensation strategy.

In the case you mentioned, the compensation strategy is to know wi

I'll give you one possibility.

Some people have emotional wounding from childhood where they stored a message that they weren't enough. Smart enough, clever enough, quick enough - the list goes on.

No one ever spoke these words to them. They created the story in their own mind, to make sense of one or a number of related situations.

They then carry that subconscious message forward in life. When a situation presents that re-minds them of the previous source of wounding, their subconscious mind responds with a compensation strategy.

In the case you mentioned, the compensation strategy is to know without a shadow of a doubt that they're right. Even in the face of mounds of evidence to the contrary, they cling to their malformed opinion.

The only cure for this that I'm aware of is to become aware of the original wounding and the way their psyche has compensated. This, then, can have the effect of them becoming more open minded, and considering the validity of views other than those they cling so tightly to earlier.

Well-known current examples of this are the Flat Earthers and climate change deniers. They will cling to their opinion regardless of all science and any other evidence to the contrary. They will seek out and befriend others who share their view - where their ideas are validated rather than challenged. Even if it were to mean they'd have to forego their principles and switch political parties in order to find like-minded believers, they will do so.

There may be other reasons for tightly clinging to an opinion with the need to be right. This is one I'm very familiar with.

Namaste!

I think those people don't like you're always right probably has nothing to do with you being right. They don't like you because you are smarter than them. They just do not have the capacity to appreciate your talent.

If these people aren't important in your life or social circle, you can choose to ignore them. Sometimes you will have new insight by keeping the right answer to yourself and let the others contribute.

I understand engineers or analysts that work with numbers and data are able to get the most out of raw data. They are confident with their findings. No one should dislike or disre

I think those people don't like you're always right probably has nothing to do with you being right. They don't like you because you are smarter than them. They just do not have the capacity to appreciate your talent.

If these people aren't important in your life or social circle, you can choose to ignore them. Sometimes you will have new insight by keeping the right answer to yourself and let the others contribute.

I understand engineers or analysts that work with numbers and data are able to get the most out of raw data. They are confident with their findings. No one should dislike or disrespect you for being good at something right? If they are doing this intentionally and it is unavoidable, ALWAYS BE POLITE and SMILE.

Otherwise, you can try saying something like 'correct if I'm wrong, but I think...'. The reason it works because the other person can add on to your ideas if they think you are right. In the end they will feel like he or she is the person that actually comes up with the correct answer. Remember, everyone likes to be right. To saying someone is wrong in the public somewhat equals to destroying someone's ego.

Well these are my experience on how to handle people in general social setting. I don't know if it helps in your situation.

Just my thoughts, hope they help...

Okay, Let's play a game!

It is basically called “What did you see first?”. In this, you have to keep in mind the first thing that you see in the following images.

Shall we start?

So here it goes!

So, what did you see first?

1. Human face or man with trumpet?
  2. Squirrel or swan?
  3. Girl with bun or man with moustache?
  4. Duck or rabbit?

Now Now Now!

At first, I was unable to see the man with trumpet in the first image, while my brother was unable to recognise it as a human face.

We both started having an arguement over it. (Until mom arrived to make a pact between us, by hitting both of us equally by a stick

Okay, Let's play a game!

It is basically called “What did you see first?”. In this, you have to keep in mind the first thing that you see in the following images.

Shall we start?

So here it goes!

So, what did you see first?

1. Human face or man with trumpet?
  2. Squirrel or swan?
  3. Girl with bun or man with moustache?
  4. Duck or rabbit?

Now Now Now!

At first, I was unable to see the man with trumpet in the first image, while my brother was unable to recognise it as a human face.

We both started having an arguement over it. (Until mom arrived to make a pact between us, by hitting both of us equally by a stick :/ )

I wasn't wrong with my argument. I saw a man with a trumpet and I am sure about it.

But at the same time, was my brother really wrong?

Why does everyone think they're right?

Simply because they are, atleast with their perspective.

Sometimes we see a picture, and make a view about it in the very first sight and start arguing in its favour, without digging deeper to see that the picture might be more than we realise.

While sometimes it's because of our personal experiences. (A friend of mine loved the charecter Kabir Singh, because he could relate to him somehow(lol, I wonder how, he is just 17 —_—))

Meanwhile some people just love to contradict others in order to create chaos, they come in the **we must not give a damn** criteria. They are exceptions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Image source: Google and pinterest

~Mauli :)

Older people do not know everything. They may know how certain situations can play out or what advice to give while you grow through something for the 1st time ever but they do not know everything..nobody does.

There’s been so many times I’ve been told that I don’t know anything because of my age and things like “you’re basically my daughter, or you're my kids age” in a workplace. I was not hired to be a pretend daughter at work or to get treated like a child (such as handing me weird and childish tasks to complete because of my age) I call that age discrimination.

I was told by a felon once “I’

Older people do not know everything. They may know how certain situations can play out or what advice to give while you grow through something for the 1st time ever but they do not know everything..nobody does.

There’s been so many times I’ve been told that I don’t know anything because of my age and things like “you’re basically my daughter, or you're my kids age” in a workplace. I was not hired to be a pretend daughter at work or to get treated like a child (such as handing me weird and childish tasks to complete because of my age) I call that age discrimination.

I was told by a felon once “I’m 36 and you’re 16 and I know so much more than you blah blah blah” and all I said is, “all I know is, you’ve committed 3 felonies, have no job, no car, no career, no place to live, you don’t take care of your own kids that you left behind AND you’re a leech and suck all of my mother’s time and belongings” ..people like that act like they’re knowledgeable and as if they’re mature but in reality lack many things.

I am aware I have a lot to learn and I’ve always been taught to respect those around me especially those older than me but I will not be disrespected and allow certain treatment just because of how much older you are. Period. You can either respect me and I respect you OR you will be told the truth you do not wanna hear!

Honestly I LOVE talking to older people and have many friends who are years older than me (they can even be my parents or grandparents) I just love hearing the knowledge and years of experience but I won’t tolerate ignorance.

Fear. Fear of being considered foolish. Fear of being wrong. Fear of not measuring up. Fear that others will prevail and they will lose. Fear that their world view is incorrect. Fear that they are not as worthy as others. Fear that they will be victimized. Fear that everything in life is a zero-sum game—if one person wins, the other must lose.

The right-sayers are prisoners of their fear. They cannot let down their guard. If necessary, they will sacrifice friendships, even love, to maintain their rightness. Being right is so important to them that it exceeds the value of happiness.

How do you de

Fear. Fear of being considered foolish. Fear of being wrong. Fear of not measuring up. Fear that others will prevail and they will lose. Fear that their world view is incorrect. Fear that they are not as worthy as others. Fear that they will be victimized. Fear that everything in life is a zero-sum game—if one person wins, the other must lose.

The right-sayers are prisoners of their fear. They cannot let down their guard. If necessary, they will sacrifice friendships, even love, to maintain their rightness. Being right is so important to them that it exceeds the value of happiness.

How do you deal with such people? Avoid arguments with them. And if you do find yourself arguing with one of them, let he/she be right. It is vitally important to them. It is much more important to them that it is to you. Let them be right even if they are clearly wrong.

There is no cost to you to do this, unless someone’s life or health is at stake, or you’re dealing with another vital issue. No one is keeping score. You will not diminish yourself if you let them be right. It is a kindness.

Why do some people always have to be right?

…because it scares them to be wrong.

It takes a confident person to admit that they are wrong, those who don’t have any confidence to spare, and the confidence they do have is spread so thin, that you can see through it, well, showing them that they’re being wrong would be like taking their clothing away, exposing their vulnerability.

So if someone wants to be right, LET THEM BE RIGHT. The issues they’re dealing with are much larger than being right or wrong, and you don’t want to go there.

Actually in today’s time, life is becoming complex with increasing confusion and anxiety. On top of it, It somehow feels like a race to feel free to express and to be get approved of it from others to attain that feeling of being praised and accepted for whatever one says or do.

The most important thing for us is to keep an perspective eye about every situation and about every person. Everyone has made their own perception which has developed from their experiences they had in the past.

And to get accepted and approved is a never ending desire of human need.

The thing one can do is to understand

Actually in today’s time, life is becoming complex with increasing confusion and anxiety. On top of it, It somehow feels like a race to feel free to express and to be get approved of it from others to attain that feeling of being praised and accepted for whatever one says or do.

The most important thing for us is to keep an perspective eye about every situation and about every person. Everyone has made their own perception which has developed from their experiences they had in the past.

And to get accepted and approved is a never ending desire of human need.

The thing one can do is to understand this point of view. Let go, and keep them saying, but you would be knowing if there’s any fact or something in it, how to take it or react or avoid it for your own sanity of mind.

They are closed minded and eventually, they will feel so bad about themselves, that they need to point out others’ flaws. Those people are usually toxic. Though they may claim they care and have good advice, they usually say it to feed their ego and to make you feel less. My advice would be to say “okay” to them and not take their words to heart, yes their advice may be good sometimes, but at the end of the day you need to be happy, because the only person who has to deal with you 24/7 is you, yourself.