Why do some people keep changing their opinions but always think they're right?

The answer is "Paradigm". People only have the ability to form opinions based on their own experiences. Their experiences are governed by the finite set of envirnomental limitations their life has determined. Once a pradigm or perspective has been formed, its impossible to see anything but this point of view until some experience has allowed them to draw upon a different thread of information. We are limited by our own deep seated beliefs when they change, our perspective changes on other things as well. We are convinced that the world operates in the way we see it now. We feel thankful that o

The answer is "Paradigm". People only have the ability to form opinions based on their own experiences. Their experiences are governed by the finite set of envirnomental limitations their life has determined. Once a pradigm or perspective has been formed, its impossible to see anything but this point of view until some experience has allowed them to draw upon a different thread of information. We are limited by our own deep seated beliefs when they change, our perspective changes on other things as well. We are convinced that the world operates in the way we see it now. We feel thankful that our knowledge has developed into our new found understanding. Its beyond our reasoning to assume that the future will deal us another new perspective so we insist that we are right! At least for now.

I disagree with Jason. You don't need any experience to state an opinion. I will agree it may not be an accurate of facts, but it done all the time. For example, Trump talks about how Mexico is sending only their Rapists, killers etc to the US. That is his opinion. What his direct experience...NONE.

In general, people are driven to be accepted by their social group. Some people in order to fit in change their stated view so they do not conflict with the social norm which they are in. They really don't change, but more just go along. We all do it to some extent. The prime example when s

I disagree with Jason. You don't need any experience to state an opinion. I will agree it may not be an accurate of facts, but it done all the time. For example, Trump talks about how Mexico is sending only their Rapists, killers etc to the US. That is his opinion. What his direct experience...NONE.

In general, people are driven to be accepted by their social group. Some people in order to fit in change their stated view so they do not conflict with the social norm which they are in. They really don't change, but more just go along. We all do it to some extent. The prime example when someone tells a joke that is slightly offensive. Rarely do people confront it directly, unless it extremely offensive. They might not laugh, but just nod and ignore it.

Another example is talking about politics and religion. You can have a discussion about your views, but rarely can you change someone else's views even with facts. I might make a few points, but I am not going to argue with them. If they keep going, I just walk away, which tells them and other in the group, I disagree without being overtly rude.

Because you never think you are wrong. As you get new information and more experience you revise what you used to believe and come to a new conclusion. Thus you opinionhas changed and you admit you were previously wrong but that you are now correct.

Because an opinion, by definition, is the truth to the bearer. An opinion is a person's own thoughts about a thing. And sometimes facts have little to do with opinion. Sometimes facts are weighed by personal preference and taste. If you compare two options, they may both have good and bad points, and some people may give those points different levels of importance than others.

drivingdWe think young people always think they are right, too.

I am told on here that I wrong regularly. Sometimes I am told I am right but I am also told that I am wrong. I am always willing to hear the other side. All I ask is that you come armed with your statistics and facts and proof and hard fast opinions. I am always willing to listen to well thought out ideas and facts.

I do believe some people old and young need to have their licenses suspended or at least examined. I am aware that the DMV does that on a regular and consistent basis for millions of people in the USA. In fact once you h

drivingdWe think young people always think they are right, too.

I am told on here that I wrong regularly. Sometimes I am told I am right but I am also told that I am wrong. I am always willing to hear the other side. All I ask is that you come armed with your statistics and facts and proof and hard fast opinions. I am always willing to listen to well thought out ideas and facts.

I do believe some people old and young need to have their licenses suspended or at least examined. I am aware that the DMV does that on a regular and consistent basis for millions of people in the USA. In fact once you hit 65 in the USA, they watch you like a hawk expecting a person over 65 to make a mistake which I for a fact know the police/sheriff does not do to young people unless they have a record.

Did you know someone under the age of 25 and male are more likely to have an accident or cause a problem driving statistically more than any other age. That is why, in the USA, their insurance premiums are so high. In fact in some states, their premiums are so high they are twice to 3 times higher than other people from 25 to 80. In some states, they will not be insured at all. Also, if a person over 65 does more than 3 infractions in a short period of time their license is taken from them immediately. If a person over 65 has a DUI even in their history, they will be watched like a hark. Not so for a young person in this country. They are usually left alone unless they have more than one infraction or DUI. In the USA, the police and the sheriff are watching and hoping over 55 will screw up so they can be fined as they know people over 55 generally have money. It has nothing to do with protecting anyone. It is all about the money. Follow the money. They know people under 45 have not reached some kind of stability in most cases, not all but in life generally, so they won’t get any money out of them.

Police and sheriff watch the over 55 drivers like a hark here.

I don’t know where you live so I do not know your laws and rules.

Also, after 65 a driver must take the driving test every time their license is renewed even if they have no infractions at all. I think ANYBODY that is an unsafe driver regardless of age should be taken off the road and kept off the road for extended periods of time until they pay their fines and show they can drive safely again. I have seen people of all ages do some pretty awful and very unsafe driving on the roads especially in the city. In the country, there is much more room and fewer folks on the road and yet I have seen them do bad driving of any age, too.

I hope that helps.

Okay, Let's play a game!

It is basically called “What did you see first?”. In this, you have to keep in mind the first thing that you see in the following images.

Shall we start?

So here it goes!

So, what did you see first?

1. Human face or man with trumpet?
  2. Squirrel or swan?
  3. Girl with bun or man with moustache?
  4. Duck or rabbit?

Now Now Now!

At first, I was unable to see the man with trumpet in the first image, while my brother was unable to recognise it as a human face.

We both started having an arguement over it. (Until mom arrived to make a pact between us, by hitting both of us equally by a stick

Okay, Let's play a game!

It is basically called “What did you see first?”. In this, you have to keep in mind the first thing that you see in the following images.

Shall we start?

So here it goes!

So, what did you see first?

1. Human face or man with trumpet?
  2. Squirrel or swan?
  3. Girl with bun or man with moustache?
  4. Duck or rabbit?

Now Now Now!

At first, I was unable to see the man with trumpet in the first image, while my brother was unable to recognise it as a human face.

We both started having an arguement over it. (Until mom arrived to make a pact between us, by hitting both of us equally by a stick :/ )

I wasn't wrong with my argument. I saw a man with a trumpet and I am sure about it.

But at the same time, was my brother really wrong?

Why does everyone think they're right?

Simply because they are, atleast with their perspective.

Sometimes we see a picture, and make a view about it in the very first sight and start arguing in its favour, without digging deeper to see that the picture might be more than we realise.

While sometimes it's because of our personal experiences. (A friend of mine loved the charecter Kabir Singh, because he could relate to him somehow(lol, I wonder how, he is just 17 —_—))

Meanwhile some people just love to contradict others in order to create chaos, they come in the **we must not give a damn** criteria. They are exceptions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Image source: Google and pinterest

~Mauli :)

Thanks for your question

Sometimes you can’t go by what a person says, but why they say it. This is a description of a classic narcissist. They have a brain disorder, It’s hard to be sympathetic with this behavior. But you’re dealing with a sick person, they have a disorder, a disease of the brain, a chemical in balance. It’s hard or next to impossible to deal with. Their self image is so fragile confrontation would have absolutely no effect or be devastating. What wouldn’t bother you at all w

could cause incredible painful damage which may make them so self loathing they might kill themselves o

Thanks for your question

Sometimes you can’t go by what a person says, but why they say it. This is a description of a classic narcissist. They have a brain disorder, It’s hard to be sympathetic with this behavior. But you’re dealing with a sick person, they have a disorder, a disease of the brain, a chemical in balance. It’s hard or next to impossible to deal with. Their self image is so fragile confrontation would have absolutely no effect or be devastating. What wouldn’t bother you at all w

could cause incredible painful damage which may make them so self loathing they might kill themselves or others, Narcissistic people are totally deceived and extremely difficult to understand. Most of them can’t understand themselves, What wouldn’t bother you at all could come close to terrify them.

I don’t think it’s well understood why a person becomes a narcissist, I happen to believe in the behaviors I’ve observed, they can’t control it or accept it that easily, In my experience, you just to accept they can be borderline psychotic, You have to treat them in a non threatening understanding way, even if they are extremely difficult to deal with. They’re sick, they need help. The behavior is on the surface. You can only guess at what is underneath it.

A very helpful book in this regard would be Robert Greene's book - The 48 Laws Of Power, partially based on Sun Tsu's Art of War.

It is all about manipulating the outcome.
So it all depends on what the desired outcome is, the outcome you want.

So it largely depends on the context, in a professional environment you can speak your mind but you are going to bare the consequences.

In a social environment, same story but the consequences may be less linear, and you may also afford not to care.
So it all depends on what you want.
If you are desperate for approval and acceptance, then you better not sp

A very helpful book in this regard would be Robert Greene's book - The 48 Laws Of Power, partially based on Sun Tsu's Art of War.

It is all about manipulating the outcome.
So it all depends on what the desired outcome is, the outcome you want.

So it largely depends on the context, in a professional environment you can speak your mind but you are going to bare the consequences.

In a social environment, same story but the consequences may be less linear, and you may also afford not to care.
So it all depends on what you want.
If you are desperate for approval and acceptance, then you better not speak your mind freely, if you care about the outcome then you need to act accordingly.
We would all love to be as brutally honest as Gordon Ramsay, and as callus in speaking our thoughts as Simon Cowl, but we are not accomplished celebrities, so we need to play a much more calculated game.
But then again theirs is not less calculated, it may well be more calculated, it is what you make of it.
My father always said to his children, that we should please speak our minds freely, and then he would mumble under his breath.."and bare the consequences."

Older people do not know everything. They may know how certain situations can play out or what advice to give while you grow through something for the 1st time ever but they do not know everything..nobody does.

There’s been so many times I’ve been told that I don’t know anything because of my age and things like “you’re basically my daughter, or you're my kids age” in a workplace. I was not hired to be a pretend daughter at work or to get treated like a child (such as handing me weird and childish tasks to complete because of my age) I call that age discrimination.

I was told by a felon once “I’

Older people do not know everything. They may know how certain situations can play out or what advice to give while you grow through something for the 1st time ever but they do not know everything..nobody does.

There’s been so many times I’ve been told that I don’t know anything because of my age and things like “you’re basically my daughter, or you're my kids age” in a workplace. I was not hired to be a pretend daughter at work or to get treated like a child (such as handing me weird and childish tasks to complete because of my age) I call that age discrimination.

I was told by a felon once “I’m 36 and you’re 16 and I know so much more than you blah blah blah” and all I said is, “all I know is, you’ve committed 3 felonies, have no job, no car, no career, no place to live, you don’t take care of your own kids that you left behind AND you’re a leech and suck all of my mother’s time and belongings” ..people like that act like they’re knowledgeable and as if they’re mature but in reality lack many things.

I am aware I have a lot to learn and I’ve always been taught to respect those around me especially those older than me but I will not be disrespected and allow certain treatment just because of how much older you are. Period. You can either respect me and I respect you OR you will be told the truth you do not wanna hear!

Honestly I LOVE talking to older people and have many friends who are years older than me (they can even be my parents or grandparents) I just love hearing the knowledge and years of experience but I won’t tolerate ignorance.

By the 1920s, lead was an essential part of the middle-class American home. When researchers found the increased cases of lead poisoning. Established lead industrialists tried to prove them wrong.

Reason - Their business was at risk.

Year - 2003 US, Britain invaded Iraq accusing Saddam Hussein having weapons of mass distraction.

• Result - Destruction of Iraq, creation of power vacuum which made Iraq a breeding ground to many terror groups, deaths of half a million civilians, refugee crisis,etc.

Now after 16 years, will anyone who supported the move back then is going to change the mind and try to r

By the 1920s, lead was an essential part of the middle-class American home. When researchers found the increased cases of lead poisoning. Established lead industrialists tried to prove them wrong.

Reason - Their business was at risk.

Year - 2003 US, Britain invaded Iraq accusing Saddam Hussein having weapons of mass distraction.

• Result - Destruction of Iraq, creation of power vacuum which made Iraq a breeding ground to many terror groups, deaths of half a million civilians, refugee crisis,etc.

Now after 16 years, will anyone who supported the move back then is going to change the mind and try to right the wrongs. No.

Reason - Their petrotism will be questioned.

Long story short - It's all about interest. Very few people have courage to stand by what is right and just, knowing the consiquences.

In case of day to day personal interactions - the opinions or ideas are cooked over a period of time and simply accepting we were wrong all this time is really challenge for people.

Don't you find funny that there is flat earth society still out there.

Because some hate challenge. They'll always want you to feel wrong about everything you say or do.

Some want their oppinion to always stand.. They want to be the ones giving advises. So they'll be giving the praise.

While..some of them actually under estimate you. Thinking you can't reason things on your own. Maybe due to a certain decision you once took, that ended up bad.

The opinion that people doesn't wanna change is generally their prejudice or erroneous judgement.

When someone gathers up all the facts and take an attempt to convince, they might get offended. It's such people who would take it so hard to admit it. And the subset of 'such' people are the 'most' in the question. Even if they could admit to themselves the truth being presented (that proved them wrong), they do not admit to the person who offered the facts.