Why do emotions take over logic? How can I control this?

Some people don't have problems with emotion control. I'm not one of them. I'm a very passionate emotional person. Some people are just very emotional. It's either part of your personality or a taught behavior or both. My boyfriend is very logical and doesn't express himself on an emotional level. I envy him. The best thing you can do is identify what is triggering these strong emotions. And when you do have an overly emotional response try to talk to someone who is a very logical person. This person can help you stay focused on what is important. Maybe counceling would be good idea. My boyfri

Some people don't have problems with emotion control. I'm not one of them. I'm a very passionate emotional person. Some people are just very emotional. It's either part of your personality or a taught behavior or both. My boyfriend is very logical and doesn't express himself on an emotional level. I envy him. The best thing you can do is identify what is triggering these strong emotions. And when you do have an overly emotional response try to talk to someone who is a very logical person. This person can help you stay focused on what is important. Maybe counceling would be good idea. My boyfriend responds very logically. When I have issues and I'm being overly emotional he reminds me to look at the situation calmly and try to remember what really needs to be done. I hate to bring astrology into this but Aquarius are very unemotional logical sign. I would seek their council.

We basically have two sets of emotions right brain anxiety based emotions and left brain logical/positive emotions, it is the right brain taking over when we have any negative/illogical emotions.

EGMi reduce right brain use my emotions are now mostly logical/positive a little like a Vulcan on Star Trek but will a stronger connection to soul the source energy so I feel one with all life and the universe itself, more info: EGMI Metacognition for the Masses

Why do emotions take over logic? How can I control this?

Emotions are triggered by thoughts. Logic is a tool we use to govern correct reasoning (relations between thoughts). In order to keep your emotions in check you must first come down, identify your emotion and its corresponding thought and finally reflect on the thought using tools of logic (e.g., fallacies)/critical thinking and general knowledge (e.g., regarding the topic).

Fin.

Don’t take yourself so seriously. Try to remember that everyone has an opinion and yours is just one of them. And its not always the best one. To control it just don’t take someone else’s opinion personally either, its JUST and opinion and you don’t have to own it. Its like rain and it runs off. Its just stuff and it all passes.