Which is better to follow in life: logic or emotion? Why?

I love this question!!!! This is something I struggled with most of my life!

It’s useful to understand how the Mind and Body works naturally to know the answer to this question. Until I had a spiritual awakening, I always felt that my Mind and emotions conflicted each other leaving me feeling confused about which direction to take.

Here is what I have learned on my life’s journey:

• logic is in your Conscious Mind. The Conscious Mind is great for analysing and rationalising but not so great in matters of the heart or major life choices
  • The Subconscious Mind stores all of your memories from your enti

I love this question!!!! This is something I struggled with most of my life!

It’s useful to understand how the Mind and Body works naturally to know the answer to this question. Until I had a spiritual awakening, I always felt that my Mind and emotions conflicted each other leaving me feeling confused about which direction to take.

Here is what I have learned on my life’s journey:

• logic is in your Conscious Mind. The Conscious Mind is great for analysing and rationalising but not so great in matters of the heart or major life choices
  • The Subconscious Mind stores all of your memories from your entire life. These memories can be access by you or sometimes they are blocked from your Conscious awareness because of emotional and/or psychological trauma but all your memories contribute to your Emotions. This is also where you store information on how past events made you feel. These emotions get triggered by your environment but most of the time, the emotions are based on how you felt at the time an event first occurred but they replay again when the memory of the event is triggered.
  • Your Body is where you might feel the affects of these emotions e.g. if you’re feeling stressed, you might get a sore stomach, if you’re scared, increased heart rate etc.

As you can see, letting your emotions guide you isn’t always a good thing because emotions can be based on past experiences I.e. how you felt when you encountered a similar experience in the past. If it was a pleasant experience, you might feel good about it. On the other hand, if it was a negative experience, you might be hesitant even though it’s a new experience with new people etc.

The true way to make a decision is to not use your Mind or emotions to guide you. Instead you should learn to be guided by your Soul or Intuition. This goes beyond your logical mind and your emotions. It’s that feeling in the centre of your body (around or just above your belly button), this is what tells you the best course of action for you.

The best way to tap into your intuition, is to go with your instinctive choice or first choice. The one you wanted to do before your Mind got involved.

If you’re past this point in the decision making process, try the following:

• Ask yourself what it is you really want.
  • Ask yourself if x is in line with your highest good
  • Then still your mind for a few mins
  • Then go do something that doesn’t involve your Mind like cleaning or taking a shower and try to keep your mind clear from the situation

The answer could come while you are distracted from analysing or at a later random time.

Analysing a situation logically can sometimes cause loops in your thinking and can cause confusion and doubt. Understand that your emotions are based on past experiences or learned behaviours so using emotions to make decision may cause you to repeat past mistakes.

Analysing a situation doesn’t usually give clarity, unfortunately it usually creates doubt. The best decisions are made on instinct usually. Get your Mind out of the equation and start listening to that feeling in your gut or that deep inner knowing usually referred to as Intuition.

Lots of Love, Victoria Sol - The Love Coach

This question is so easy to answer. As a thinking being, logic is more important.

But I am not just a thinking being. I am a human being.

As a human being, I have many channels of expressions, many needs and wants, many dreams and hopes, much joy and sadness. As a human being, every part of my experience in my limited time on this beautiful earth is precious and important to me.

Is my sight more important than my voice? Are my hands more important than my legs? My emotions and logic are a critical part of me that makes me who I am. They are equally important.

But as a thinking being, thoughts

This question is so easy to answer. As a thinking being, logic is more important.

But I am not just a thinking being. I am a human being.

As a human being, I have many channels of expressions, many needs and wants, many dreams and hopes, much joy and sadness. As a human being, every part of my experience in my limited time on this beautiful earth is precious and important to me.

Is my sight more important than my voice? Are my hands more important than my legs? My emotions and logic are a critical part of me that makes me who I am. They are equally important.

But as a thinking being, thoughts then would be more important. Too bad I'm much more than that.

Your emotions tell you how you really feel, who you really are. Use your logic, reason, and critical thinking to understand these communications from the body.

We all need to learn how to be a mature adult, a law-abiding citizen, and a good neighbor. If we are controlled by our anger, hate, and desire for vengeance, we will be a problem for ourselves and others.

Understanding yourself is curs’d hard work, and it never ends. The fully examined life cannot be lived, but the unexamined life is not worth living, according to Socrates.

So join us trying to figure ourselves out. A rational person is th

Your emotions tell you how you really feel, who you really are. Use your logic, reason, and critical thinking to understand these communications from the body.

We all need to learn how to be a mature adult, a law-abiding citizen, and a good neighbor. If we are controlled by our anger, hate, and desire for vengeance, we will be a problem for ourselves and others.

Understanding yourself is curs’d hard work, and it never ends. The fully examined life cannot be lived, but the unexamined life is not worth living, according to Socrates.

So join us trying to figure ourselves out. A rational person is the best kind of person; she is wise and makes sound decisions.

All the best. And good luck.

Important in what way? I think logic is more important for making big life decisions. You'll make more wise decisions if you first consider the facts and consider your emotions only after you've narrowed down your choices to eliminate the objectively bad ones. For example, you don't throw in the towel with your spouse just because you had one fight – you rely on logic to know that you'll only be mad for a few minutes and then you can resolve your issues and go back to normal.

However, at other times emotions can be more important. In relationships, you have to share your emotions to truly conne

Important in what way? I think logic is more important for making big life decisions. You'll make more wise decisions if you first consider the facts and consider your emotions only after you've narrowed down your choices to eliminate the objectively bad ones. For example, you don't throw in the towel with your spouse just because you had one fight – you rely on logic to know that you'll only be mad for a few minutes and then you can resolve your issues and go back to normal.

However, at other times emotions can be more important. In relationships, you have to share your emotions to truly connect with another person. No one really wants to be friends with a robot – they want to know and see your raw reactions from time to time. Logic is an argument that anyone should be able to follow but emotion is what makes us unique and interesting.

Emotional.

Emotions are visceral, instinctive, rapid, and powerful motivators of behaviour, and in the end it is behaviour that determines survival.

The emotional flees in terror at the first hint of the lurking Sabertooth, while the logical fails to notice and gets eaten while still pondering first premises.

The capability for Logic only managed to evolve at all on top of a foundation of preestablished emotions that kept you alive long enough to reap the benefits.

Emotions are what help you survive.

Logic is what helps you make survival better.

First of all kindly read this poem.

The Road Not Taken
By Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I sho

First of all kindly read this poem.

The Road Not Taken
By Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Everyone faces such a dilemma at some point of their life.
Logic will tell you what is the right thing to do.
Feelings will tell you what you want to do.
If you choose logic over feelings you will be contended that you did the right thing, while if you choose feelings over logic you will be contended that you did the thing you wanted to.

In the end whats important is the choice that you made will always leave you happy and satisfied.

Think of it this way:

Emotions are the only valid motivation. Logic can determine valid reasoning in pursuing whatever actions are spurred by that motivation..

Any action a sentient being (like you, oh AI Questioner) acts according to either needs or desires. Needs are defined as that which is required to continue existence. Brute animal instinct programs in a hardwired motivation to meet needs. Human behavior has an emotional kick when it comes to needs – if they aren’t being met, fear and distress can result, both emotions that are highly motivational. Desires are things that aren’t

Think of it this way:

Emotions are the only valid motivation. Logic can determine valid reasoning in pursuing whatever actions are spurred by that motivation..

Any action a sentient being (like you, oh AI Questioner) acts according to either needs or desires. Needs are defined as that which is required to continue existence. Brute animal instinct programs in a hardwired motivation to meet needs. Human behavior has an emotional kick when it comes to needs – if they aren’t being met, fear and distress can result, both emotions that are highly motivational. Desires are things that aren’t needed but are wanted, lusted for, would make happy if achieved, etc. The major desires are described in hyperbolic terms while the little ones, like that itch that just begs to be scratched, are described in exactly those diminutive terms, but emotional nonetheless.

So, Mr. Spock and his Vulcan logic declarations aside, motivation, at its foundation, is emotional.

An apathetic person - if truly apathetic – will lie there and do nothing until some need or desire rears its head. It is once a sentient being is motivated that the question of behaving ‘emotionally’ - that is, without forethought and only according to first impulses - versus ‘logically’ – using reason and careful planning – that the two terms are in contrast.

Emotion is greater.

Without emotion, you have no interest in anything, so your mind sits in the square one and won’t move its ass for one inch.

With emotion, you are moving all the time pursuing what please you. Logic is just one of them, imagination is another.

With logic, you can build a solid world of instruments. With emotion, you bond with others and evolve a wonderful relationship of life.

Emotion is ocean, logic is just a tiny drop of it.

why is Logic and reason not used in the same condition for every detail of salvation and finding the truth? !!! personally logic can be twisted, if a person rejects any single fact of truth, the entire logical system concludes in errors, like having a broken compass set to due north, but the destination will never be true north

Don't listen to answers which say it depends on whether it is life, love, business etc. Always, and that means in any matter, you should be guided by reason, therefore logic. That's the only way to decide properly and to avoid later remorse. Whenever my emotions guided me I regretted, but it was too late. Brain is for logical thinking, emotions is luxury which we didn't have until our lives improved, from struggling to survive to a pleasant everyday life in which we can think even of the unimportant. If humanity had been driven by emotions, we would not exist now.

In the matter of the heart, the brain doesn’t have a saying. A good leader shall listen to their own heart, but leaders lead with their brains. If by the age of 20, you aren’t liberal, you do not have a heart. If by the age of 40, you aren’t conservative, you do not have a brain. It’s a terrible thing to waste a brain, and great minds think alike. So, in retrospect, a leaders’s toughest calls ever, are those internal conflicts with, such as? When the bottom of your heart, whispers to, ‘Oh GOD, please “NO” ‘, and the top of your brain, yells out loud, ‘HELL YEA’, then that shall be an easy call

In the matter of the heart, the brain doesn’t have a saying. A good leader shall listen to their own heart, but leaders lead with their brains. If by the age of 20, you aren’t liberal, you do not have a heart. If by the age of 40, you aren’t conservative, you do not have a brain. It’s a terrible thing to waste a brain, and great minds think alike. So, in retrospect, a leaders’s toughest calls ever, are those internal conflicts with, such as? When the bottom of your heart, whispers to, ‘Oh GOD, please “NO” ‘, and the top of your brain, yells out loud, ‘HELL YEA’, then that shall be an easy call-but so tough for many’s though. So imagine, everything near close by, that falls from in-between within?
so, shall one be guided by logic always?

-if throughout your life, you do not end up, losing your heart, and too, ends up with a brain as wells, you for sure then, has logically used, the right stuff, right tool, for those, to remain. Now, I do not know, how those two’s either, losing it, and/or remain as wells, if either both do, needs to, and/or do not, and both get lost perhaps. But, Logically speaking, there’s such a thing, for those’s two’s, A TIME, & A PLACE-isn’t that why you’re a leader as wells?
last note:

-to be a good leader, first, you gotta be a better follower, so do not listen to all that nonsense those that mainly say, for you to just ‘Be A Leader’ and, ‘Not Follow As Wells’, or to ‘BE A LEADER &NOT A FOLLOWER’, cause you’re already following, one that does not know how to lead the way. So please, do feel, but too, use your brain!