What technologies are used for creating Stack Overflow?

Unless a company announces what they use, it is hard to know what tech stack they are using. And they have mentioned it on their blog: https://stackoverflow.blog/2008/09/21/what-was-stack-overflow-built-with/

You can always snoop in by finding developers who worked at StackOverflow and see their resume and extrapolate the tech stack but then that is not the cleanest way anyway.

Again, i am not sure how updated these blog entries are. You can also use BuiltWith tool to get a drift about what TechStack is being used. Note that companies do hide the Tech footprints at times but it is still a decent

Unless a company announces what they use, it is hard to know what tech stack they are using. And they have mentioned it on their blog: https://stackoverflow.blog/2008/09/21/what-was-stack-overflow-built-with/

You can always snoop in by finding developers who worked at StackOverflow and see their resume and extrapolate the tech stack but then that is not the cleanest way anyway.

Again, i am not sure how updated these blog entries are. You can also use BuiltWith tool to get a drift about what TechStack is being used. Note that companies do hide the Tech footprints at times but it is still a decent way to get started. STACKOVERFLOW.COM Technology Profile on BuiltWith

Note that TUDIP.COM Technology Profile on BuiltWith gives accurate results about our own Tech stack.

Hello Friend,

For building such a huge website you need lots of skills to implement it.

Its not the job of one person to build such a huge website. But you can try out some thing similar to that.

Here are technology and tools on which Stackoverflow is built::

framework

Microsoft ASP.NET

language

C#

development environment

Visual Studio

web framework

ASP.NET MVC

browser framework

jQuery

database

SQL Server 2008

data access layer

LINQ to SQL

source control

Subversion (now Mercurial through Kiln)

compare tool

Beyond Compare

source control integration

VisualSVN (now, VisualHg)

We have a few other minor dependencies as we

Hello Friend,

For building such a huge website you need lots of skills to implement it.

Its not the job of one person to build such a huge website. But you can try out some thing similar to that.

Here are technology and tools on which Stackoverflow is built::

framework

Microsoft ASP.NET

language

C#

development environment

Visual Studio

web framework

ASP.NET MVC

browser framework

jQuery

database

SQL Server 2008

data access layer

LINQ to SQL

source control

Subversion (now Mercurial through Kiln)

compare tool

Beyond Compare

source control integration

VisualSVN (now, VisualHg)

We have a few other minor dependencies as well, such as ReCaptcha, DotNetOpenId, and the WMD control (which we subsequently rewrote), but that’s about it.

For , developing you need to master them.

So keep learning new skills and try to implement those.

Keep learning!

If you just want to know what stackoverflow is using, all other answers covers most of the details, but if you are looking to build your own question answer website or forum or message board, Wappalyzer - Message Boards is good option to check which is the best. yes i am talking about pre built solutions rather than making your own. some of them are open source so you can implement it freely. for example,from above list the market leader phpBB is opensource. visit phpBB • Free and Open Source Forum Software to know more. i personally like Discourse - Civilized Discussion , their own forum is u

If you just want to know what stackoverflow is using, all other answers covers most of the details, but if you are looking to build your own question answer website or forum or message board, Wappalyzer - Message Boards is good option to check which is the best. yes i am talking about pre built solutions rather than making your own. some of them are open source so you can implement it freely. for example,from above list the market leader phpBB is opensource. visit phpBB • Free and Open Source Forum Software to know more. i personally like Discourse - Civilized Discussion , their own forum is using discourse, so you can check it how it looks. Discourse Meta . Hope you find something useful in my answer. i am not associated with any of above mentioned companies. i am just technology enthusiast who like to find all the cool stuff out there.

Have you considered investigating a portion of the open-source choices that capacity as clones of Stack Overflow? They may be an incredible place to begin :

stacked - An Open Source framework like Stack Overflow

openoverflow - A Stack Overflow Clone

shapado

OSQA - Open Source Questions and Answers

There are relatively few .NET-particular executions of this task beside Stack Underflow, which has been ended. I would prescribe looking through a portion of these open-source activities and utilizing that as a conceivable system to build your own particular or adjust it to your necessities.

You will never need to ask this question again not only for Stack overflow but for any website or web application ever.

Just install these plugins in your browser and they will tell you everything about the technology or framework used in such resources

WhatRuns – Discover What Runs a Website

PageXray.com

Identify technologies on websites

Hope this will be helpful

A site like Stack Overflow can be created using Php and Javascript and html. But you are not limited to these languages in order to create a site like stack overflow. Other languages like .net, VB, python can also be used.

For creating stactoverflow like website you need to know back-end languages like RUBY ON RAILS or PHP or PYTHON etc..,

and front-end languages like HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT . or UI frame libraries like ANGULAR, REACT, JQUERY.

and SQL language.

1. A scripting language like php
  2. A database like DB2
  3. JavaScript
  4. HTML5
  5. jQuery AND
  6. Lots of enthusiasm

The last one is most important !!!

As far as I know it is made from C# and .net, and normally HTML, Javascript.

Python and JQuery Technology are used for creating Stack Overflow.