What is the word the in grammar?

An article is a word that comes before a noun. There are two kinds of articles: definite articles and indefinite articles. In English there is just one definite article: “the”. There are two indefinite articles: “a” and “an”. … “The” becomes “les” in front of plural nouns.

For More Information Please Refer: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_(grammar)