What are some of the cons of Stack Overflow?

I have two frustrations with the platform

1. Letting new users face the entire community at once.

StackOverflow doesn’t do a lot for new users. The “how to ask a question” guides are monstrosities which while intentioned are likely to overwhelm newer users. Consider the Jon Skeet guide to asking a Stack Overflow question. If I printed it on standard letter-sized paper, it is 6 pages long and 15 minutes of reading.

The problem is, those who answer questions have read them and are pedantic about them. What happens is that new users get pummelled with downvotes and close votes as a result.

Stac

I have two frustrations with the platform

1. Letting new users face the entire community at once.

StackOverflow doesn’t do a lot for new users. The “how to ask a question” guides are monstrosities which while intentioned are likely to overwhelm newer users. Consider the Jon Skeet guide to asking a Stack Overflow question. If I printed it on standard letter-sized paper, it is 6 pages long and 15 minutes of reading.

The problem is, those who answer questions have read them and are pedantic about them. What happens is that new users get pummelled with downvotes and close votes as a result.

Stack Overflow has a “First Post” review queue. Questions from new people should have to pass through that first before being open to the general public.

Or just redesign the question box for new users using a paginated workflow so that it encourages them to fill in all required information.
  2. Many people don’t get helped.

Stack Overflow needs to move beyond the topic feeds and master feed of questions simply because the volume of questions means that many don’t receive any answer and there is no mechanism to dig up older questions and put them back in the mix.

Stack Overflow used to have a badge called Tumbleweed, which was for asking a question which got few views and no answers or upvotes.
    They had to discontinue it because they were issuing so many. There are currently about 19 million questions on Stack Overflow. 5.5 million don’t have an upvoted or accepted answer.

Check out this post -

Why do some people hate Stack Overflow?

Stack Overflow is a public community moderated by community members. Just like any other online communities, there are things that you like and don’t like. The biggest issue is that you have zero control over it. That’s why there are many Stack Overflow clones that allow you to have your own internal community so you can control you own content.

Are there any clones/alternatives for running a Stack Exchange style Q&A site?

One of the cons which I have noticed is, if your question is not answered within 10-15 mins, then the chances of getting answer is only 1%

And some moderators think they are really smart and give you down voting with stating shit reasons. And then the down voting is followed by other users.