Is English considered a beautiful language to foreign speakers like Italian and French is considered beautiful?

As italian I like the english language. I don’t think that it has the kind of beauty of italian and french.

One thing that i can’t stand about english is the way are pronounced the words borrowed from french, italian and spanish.

They sound awful. For example look for the way it sounds in english a word like “repertoire” compared to the way it is pronounced in french or the italian word “repertorio”.

Apart from these parts of the lexicon the english language is pleasent.

Generic british and irish accent sounds more sophisticated to my ears, while a generic american accent is easier to understand f

As italian I like the english language. I don’t think that it has the kind of beauty of italian and french.

One thing that i can’t stand about english is the way are pronounced the words borrowed from french, italian and spanish.

They sound awful. For example look for the way it sounds in english a word like “repertoire” compared to the way it is pronounced in french or the italian word “repertorio”.

Apart from these parts of the lexicon the english language is pleasent.

Generic british and irish accent sounds more sophisticated to my ears, while a generic american accent is easier to understand for me.

Listening to a well acted Shakespeare with the old pronounciation is a great thing.

This just in: British confirmed as world's sexiest accent.

Finally, it’s official. The prestigious, definitive Time Out Global Dating Survey 2015 has confirmed what the world already knew. Brits have the world’s sexiest accents. Time Out surveyed 11,000 people in 12 cities around the world, asking respondents to name the “most dateable accent other than their own”. “British” received 27% of the vote, crushing its nearest rival, “American”, which received a mere 8.7%.

Being Italian-born and French-raised, I totally agree. Think Carey Mulligan, Elizabeth Hurley, Patsy Kensit. What could sound

This just in: British confirmed as world's sexiest accent.

Finally, it’s official. The prestigious, definitive Time Out Global Dating Survey 2015 has confirmed what the world already knew. Brits have the world’s sexiest accents. Time Out surveyed 11,000 people in 12 cities around the world, asking respondents to name the “most dateable accent other than their own”. “British” received 27% of the vote, crushing its nearest rival, “American”, which received a mere 8.7%.

Being Italian-born and French-raised, I totally agree. Think Carey Mulligan, Elizabeth Hurley, Patsy Kensit. What could sound more lovely? Or, how about the delightful voices of Hugh Grant, Rupert Everett, Jack Davenport?

American English, on the other hand, comes a distant second. Check out Frank Zappa's daughter Moon Unit performing Valley Girl, and you'll understand why.

On my personal explanation of why Romance languages sound beautiful see my answer here: Fabrizio Bianchi's answer to Why do all languages (Latin, the Romance languages, Italian dialects etc) that came from Italy sound so beautiful?

In the last part of that answer I talk about how exposure to a language binds it to certain semantic domains in the minds of the non-native speakers.
Because of this effect, personally I think that, thanks mostly to the USA, the modern English is mostly associated with marketing, technology and a certain kind of Hollywood-style badassness.

This is partly confirmed by

On my personal explanation of why Romance languages sound beautiful see my answer here: Fabrizio Bianchi's answer to Why do all languages (Latin, the Romance languages, Italian dialects etc) that came from Italy sound so beautiful?

In the last part of that answer I talk about how exposure to a language binds it to certain semantic domains in the minds of the non-native speakers.
Because of this effect, personally I think that, thanks mostly to the USA, the modern English is mostly associated with marketing, technology and a certain kind of Hollywood-style badassness.

This is partly confirmed by the fact that even in countries with a poor understanding of English, like Italy, people make use of English terms profusely in these domains.

People learn English because it is usefull, not because it is beautiful or easy.

I like English the way it is spoken in Wales, Scotland, York, or India, or by Italians... Queeen's English is too artificial.

This is a nice summary by De Funès and Bourvil in La Grande Vadrouille