How would you earn 10k per month illegally (no drugs/killing)?

Alrighty! I want $10,000 dollars a month… can’t do it legally… can’t kill… can’t be drugs… hmmm. Ok, I think I got it.

Step one: get to a large city. This works better in larger cities.

Step two: get duct-tape. Needs to be duct-tape, not just any tape.

Step three: Locate and plot a map of all vending machines in the area (avoid police stations and schools). There are typically a couple in hospitals, large office buildings, recreational facilities, etc.

Step four: Use the duct-tape to clog up the coin dispensary in the vending machine.

Step five: Make sure you have 100- 150 vending machines plotted

Alrighty! I want $10,000 dollars a month… can’t do it legally… can’t kill… can’t be drugs… hmmm. Ok, I think I got it.

Step one: get to a large city. This works better in larger cities.

Step two: get duct-tape. Needs to be duct-tape, not just any tape.

Step three: Locate and plot a map of all vending machines in the area (avoid police stations and schools). There are typically a couple in hospitals, large office buildings, recreational facilities, etc.

Step four: Use the duct-tape to clog up the coin dispensary in the vending machine.

Step five: Make sure you have 100- 150 vending machines plotted out… preferably get more.

Step six: Go around once per week to every vending machine. Do this on a rolling basis, meaning do 1–30 on day one, then 31–60 on day two, etc.

Step seven: sleep. You always need this!

Calculations: Assuming 100 vending machines… average of three dollars change per day (there will be losses if someone figures it out… most people won’t even bother if there change doesn’t come out… most people kick the vending machine and walk away in frustration), you will get 100 * 3 * 30 = $9000 per month. Not quite 10K, but this was the low end… get more vending machines and you’ll be golden! Of course, until you get caught… which is the problem of doing things illegally.

Personally, I recommend erring on the side of the law. It’s typically a lot less work and you avoid jail time by making your money that way! In no way do I advocate stealing!

Also, to supplement your income… and this is a really twisted move… stay in a building, that has one of those charity coin/ money things that you can roll down coins into, after it shuts down for the night. Use a small scooper attached to bicycle spokes to grab bills and coins. Then hide in bath room or somewhere else safe for the night… and walk out with the crowd the next morning:)… also, I advocate for not doing this!

One of the tried-and-true methods is running a pyramid/Ponzi scheme. This was famously done by Bernie Madoff, and it’s almost a miracle that he was caught since he did it so well. The beauty of this method is that although it is completely illegal, you can “legally” get away with it if you time it right and don’t get caught before the statute of limitations runs out. The scheme works like this:

You build and nurture people’s confidence in you. You are the WIZARD of hedge-bumping progressive blue chip reverse-leveraged annuities. It’s a made up term, so how could they dispute this fact? You appe

One of the tried-and-true methods is running a pyramid/Ponzi scheme. This was famously done by Bernie Madoff, and it’s almost a miracle that he was caught since he did it so well. The beauty of this method is that although it is completely illegal, you can “legally” get away with it if you time it right and don’t get caught before the statute of limitations runs out. The scheme works like this:

You build and nurture people’s confidence in you. You are the WIZARD of hedge-bumping progressive blue chip reverse-leveraged annuities. It’s a made up term, so how could they dispute this fact? You appear on talk shows, sound like you know what you’re doing. You hire some actors to flaunt their “wealth” that they earned thanks to you and give testimonials.

Now comes the scam. You want to convince young rich people to “invest” with you for their retirement. Just $100,000 invested at age 35, and they’ll have a comfortable retirement with over $3,000,000 by the time they reach age 65 given your “proven track record” of producing 12.5% return in good markets and bad.

Of course since you’re focusing on long term investments, if anyone wants out, they are subject to a 10 year transfer payout provision and 20% penalty. These provisions aren’t uncommon in the industry. So if someone gave you $2,000,000 and wants out you only need to pay them $180,000 next year. Since your clients are young rich people like baseball players and movie actors, they shouldn’t need the retirement funds for many years and would be dissuaded by the penalties from trying to pull out the money early. Plus as long as you’re sending them quarterly statements showing impressive growth of their funds, they’d be “fools” to pull out their money.

Now of course Bernie Madoff wasn’t actually pulling in 12.5%, nor 10%, nor was he particularly concerned since he didn’t plan on actually earning the promised returns or paying people the promised sums. All he had to do was survive until the 7-year statute of limitations expired, then he could even go public about his scam and couldn’t be arrested, despite not paying out even a penny to anyone. It’s unknown exactly how much money he took in, but it is reliably estimated as being at least 65 Billion dollars, as that much was found in client accounts.

Note that if you try this and get caught as Bernie was, the penalties can be severe. Bernie is in prison with a 150 year sentence and fines of $170,000,000,000.

References:

Madoff investment scandal - Wikipedia

Mark Sanchez, Star Athletes Lose Over $30 Million In Ponzi Scheme, SEC Says

Sell small arms. Seriously.

Pistols, shotguns, SMGs, etc. You could sell those on the black market and rake in a hell of a lot more than 10K per month but you could still do it.

There’s also building your hacking skills or infiltrating places where sensitive information is held and taking that and selling it to interested parties.

Scams and cons are also a good way of doing that. One is literally panhandling. Posing as a homeless person and panhandling has been pretty lucrative. I don’t know how illegal it really is or whether it will generate 10K per month but it’s all in cash and coin so …eh.

Th

Sell small arms. Seriously.

Pistols, shotguns, SMGs, etc. You could sell those on the black market and rake in a hell of a lot more than 10K per month but you could still do it.

There’s also building your hacking skills or infiltrating places where sensitive information is held and taking that and selling it to interested parties.

Scams and cons are also a good way of doing that. One is literally panhandling. Posing as a homeless person and panhandling has been pretty lucrative. I don’t know how illegal it really is or whether it will generate 10K per month but it’s all in cash and coin so …eh.

There’s also pump and dump of stocks. Invest in penny stocks, pull out at a high price but it’s pretty risky. You really won’t be in trouble for doing it but the company that aids you in doing it might be involved in insider trading and you might lose your money if they’re caught by the SEC and the FBI.

Granted, I’m not condoning any of this because it’s freakin’ illegal as hell and if you get caught, most likely, you’re doing federal time and …yeah just no.

Let me make one thing clear. Hacking itself isn’t really illegal. We wouldn’t have people on top of the anti-virus game if they weren’t hackers. Hackers also make up most of your cybersecurity types. Learning hacking skills is a wonderful thing and you probably should but remember, that’s a lotta power and …think Spider-Man’s Uncle Ben.

As far as the rest of this thing goes, don’t put yourself out there. Just don’t do any of that illegal stuff and you’ll be fine

Sigh. OK, here we go.

Let’s assume you have $5,000 to start (hey, learn to save or get a bankroll).

All you need to do is put out the word on WhatsApp/FaceBook/Twitter that you’re doing easy loans with little interest and easy payback plans.

Eventually, you’ll get people texting you for loans.

Start by sussing out deadbeats:
no unemployed idiots (can’t pay back),
no students (can’t pay back),
no maids (can’t pay back),
no Bangla workers (can’t pay back),
hell… no foreign workers (can’t pay back), you get the idea.

The type of people you want to loan to are:
cab drivers (
daily cash),
Uber/Gra

Sigh. OK, here we go.

Let’s assume you have $5,000 to start (hey, learn to save or get a bankroll).

All you need to do is put out the word on WhatsApp/FaceBook/Twitter that you’re doing easy loans with little interest and easy payback plans.

Eventually, you’ll get people texting you for loans.

Start by sussing out deadbeats:
no unemployed idiots (can’t pay back),
no students (can’t pay back),
no maids (can’t pay back),
no Bangla workers (can’t pay back),
hell… no foreign workers (can’t pay back), you get the idea.

The type of people you want to loan to are:
cab drivers (
daily cash),
Uber/GrabCar/GoGoVan drivers (
daily cash), construction/renovation/plumbing/electrician types (daily cash),
local prostitutes (
daily cash); and
anyone with a small business that pulls in
daily cash (e.g. laundromat, hawker, textile traders, etc).
Why? These people collect cash daily and have a
better chance of repaying a loan.

Incidentally, I should charge for this answer, because it’s a basic course in
Risk Assessment 101.

Next, decide on an acceptable amount to lend out, say $600 to a first-time client.
Tell them you will hang onto their NRIC (not a copy, the
actual card) and charge
14% interest (Say “
Vig”, you’re a loanshark, don’t say “Interest”. It shows you’re an amateur. You’re clearly Breaking Bad, so break bad already and use the street vernacular) on the loan and they have 30 days to pay it all ($690) back, and the client only has to pay $171 a week for 4 weeks.

Conditions
1. If the client misses a week (Day 7), you start the count again from Payment #1.
2. If you have a pay a visit to his house to remind him, you charge one additional payment.
3. If the payments are all made either on-time or early, you get the NRIC card back.

Objections & Counters
1. “
But that’s too much vig! The banks don’t charge that much!
Good luck getting a unsecured loan for $600 today, no questions asked, from who-did-you-say… oh, The Banks. That’s right. I sure Mr. Bank Loan Arranger would just cut you a cheque for $600 if you just let him hang on to your NRIC.

2. “You can’t hit me for this additional unfair payment that you added just because I missed a day!
Look, buddy, I never twisted your arm to borrow from me. You came to me. You begged me. I told you my terms and you agreed. Now, you want to back out and slither away, who has no honor here?

3. “I’m calling the Police!
You don’t want to do that. For starters, I may be questioned, but you’d need to show a pile of evidence that I’m a loanshark… and clearly I’m not. Hell, I’m not even Jack Tan or whatever. Besides, you have a lovely family. It’d be a pity if something happened to them if I were incarcerated. After all, I’m not Jack Tan. I’m Jack Tan & Company.
It’s the
& Company you should be worried about.

4. “Your vig is extortionate!
Is it? Have you checked with other loansharks? They’re offering 15% and broken legs if you don’t pay back on time. I just want your NRIC ID. That’s it.

Eventually, you’ll have a steady stream of income-and-interest generating regular clientele that understands that loans aren’t really the backbone of society, but a sorta band-aid of society… to tide people over a rough patch until their actual paychecks come in. If you’re smart, you’ll have maybe 50–80 clients and assuming your loaned out amount is still about $600-$900 per client (at 14%), you’ll see that your
interest-income is hovering at
$4,200 - $10,040.

Naturally, the more clients you have and the bigger amounts you lend out… the more interest you earn. (Don’t forget you have admin charges for late payment.)
But personally, I’d keep it at the $600-$900 loan quantum per client, because I notice people do
crazy-stupid things once the amounts get too large (they try to duck phone-calls, play dead, skip town, etc). Don’t let this happen. Manage your risk by
capping loan limits and increasing your client base.
Personal choice: some people prefer vertical scaling (larger loans, fewer clients), but I prefer horizontal scaling (smaller loans, more clients) for
risk spread.

Best part: you can run this business from WhatsApp and a Laptop.

FUN FACT #1: If you replace the work “loanshark” with “banker” in my above answer and add two zeroes whenever you see a dollar value… that’s exactly how a bank loan arranger is expected to operate (or at least in the ballpark).

FUN FACT #2: I once asked a banker why he wouldn’t give me a $10,000 loan, but insisted on a $50,000 loan. His reply?
Gary, the effort to process a $50K loan is the same effort to process a $10K loan.
So if we’re raping you for 3.36% p.a., we’d rather rape you for $50,000.

Medical Insurance Fraud.

You start a “clinic”. You start providing “treatment”. Perhaps its allergy shots that are just saline solution. Perhaps you bill for treatments the patient never received. Maybe you take a little extra money from an unscrupulous drug salesman in exchange for exclusively prescribing his medication.

The amount of money you’re talking here ($10K/mo.) is relatively small in the scheme of things (considering the average doctor probably makes around twice this). Chances are if you were smart about this, you could probably get away with it for years. And if you’re caught, the l

Medical Insurance Fraud.

You start a “clinic”. You start providing “treatment”. Perhaps its allergy shots that are just saline solution. Perhaps you bill for treatments the patient never received. Maybe you take a little extra money from an unscrupulous drug salesman in exchange for exclusively prescribing his medication.

The amount of money you’re talking here ($10K/mo.) is relatively small in the scheme of things (considering the average doctor probably makes around twice this). Chances are if you were smart about this, you could probably get away with it for years. And if you’re caught, the likely punishment is a fine, probation, or a short prison term. You’re not going away for a long time.

Starting the clinic is as easy as some medical papers - and there’s a whole wide internet full of fake degrees you can use to get them.

By the way, in case you’re wondering, no I do not commit medical fraud in my spare time. I hypothetically destroy worlds. But I do also occasionally watch news magazine shows like Dateline and 20/20, and both have done episodes

ABC's 20/20 Questions L.A. Rehab Operator About Drug, Sex Allegations

This Patient's Broken Leg Unraveled Medical Fraud

In the cases that get publicity (like these) people go to jail because they injured or assaulted people. But even then, the doctors in both of these cases operated for years without being caught while they were assaulting and poisoning people! Your theft might well go unnoticed for your entire career.

Please don’t do this. Insurance is expensive enough!

Advertise asking for people's spare change – nothing more.

Somebody made enough money to make the government very very angry doing exactly this. He had everyone sending their spare change in the mail – sometimes they would even send more.

The original was a print ad in the US many decades ago that instructed people to send to a PO Box. You have the Internet, and I would suggest you use this for that; however, the kind of people who read print newspapers and magazines are more likely to respond this sort of thing, as the Internet savvy are more likely to be looking for scams than the average pers

Advertise asking for people's spare change – nothing more.

Somebody made enough money to make the government very very angry doing exactly this. He had everyone sending their spare change in the mail – sometimes they would even send more.

The original was a print ad in the US many decades ago that instructed people to send to a PO Box. You have the Internet, and I would suggest you use this for that; however, the kind of people who read print newspapers and magazines are more likely to respond this sort of thing, as the Internet savvy are more likely to be looking for scams than the average person.

As long as you place the ads in enough places, you can get the $10,000.

By the way, the spare change mailing fiasco was pulled off at least twice. The other guy asked for a single dollar bill from each person and often to be mailed to a PO Box, like the 1st when I mentioned, often got more than he asked for.

US government was more than he asked for and cited him for mail fraud.

I fail to see the fraud. From what I remember the stories about the 2 cases, neither asked for anything besides very small amounts of money and neither promised anything in return. There were no sob stories involved.

Remember, these are print ads that are expensive to print and charge per word, so they had to be very short.

Remember, no actual fraud is actually involved, but if you do this in the US, it's very illegal based of the 2 previous cases.

To me, would let me keep my morals and still fill the criteria of them something illegal to earn the money.

Here's how I'd do it:

1. Go to a local bank and tell them you've just started a coin operated vending (gumball machine) business, and you'll be bringing in large amounts of coins.
  2. Form an LLC for your new gumball machine operation.
  3. Obtain machining equipment, casting equipment, or a 3D printer.
  4. Begin minting fake quarters - it's important that they weigh as much the real thing. 50lbs of quarters should be roughly $1000. Do a few runs with different years to avoid suspicion.
  5. Run the coins through a counting machine.
  6. Bring your “quarters” to the bank in sealed bulk coin bags and fill out a deposit slip.
  7. E

Here's how I'd do it:

1. Go to a local bank and tell them you've just started a coin operated vending (gumball machine) business, and you'll be bringing in large amounts of coins.
  2. Form an LLC for your new gumball machine operation.
  3. Obtain machining equipment, casting equipment, or a 3D printer.
  4. Begin minting fake quarters - it's important that they weigh as much the real thing. 50lbs of quarters should be roughly $1000. Do a few runs with different years to avoid suspicion.
  5. Run the coins through a counting machine.
  6. Bring your “quarters” to the bank in sealed bulk coin bags and fill out a deposit slip.
  7. Enjoy the fruits of your new business.

I worked for a legitimate vending company that took in roughly 60 to 80 thousand dollars a month, all in coins. It's bigger business than one might expect.

You could become a pimp, sell guns, steal from freight trains/warehouses and sell at retail price, probe ATMs, steal checkbooks. There are so many ways to make money from crime.

But my favourite is melting down pennies and nickels for scrap metal. At one point this was completely legal, pennies and nickels are worth more as scrap than as currency. This became a booming business as people across the U.S. started to melt down their annoyingly worthless pennies.

Then, in 2006, it became illegal to make money from our government’s incompetence in this way.

So, if you wanted to make 10k a month from m

You could become a pimp, sell guns, steal from freight trains/warehouses and sell at retail price, probe ATMs, steal checkbooks. There are so many ways to make money from crime.

But my favourite is melting down pennies and nickels for scrap metal. At one point this was completely legal, pennies and nickels are worth more as scrap than as currency. This became a booming business as people across the U.S. started to melt down their annoyingly worthless pennies.

Then, in 2006, it became illegal to make money from our government’s incompetence in this way.

So, if you wanted to make 10k a month from melting pennies, how many would you need? it turns out 1 penny is actually worth 1.8 cents, and a nickel is worth 9 cents. So in order to meet your quota, you’d have to melt down 1,250,000 pennies, or 111,000 nickels each month and sell the scrap at market price.

Like they say “It takes money to make money”

Financial fraud; aka. fiddling the books.

All you need is a crack-shot accountant and a biggish business. Accountants have the freedom to deal with a lot of entries at their discretion, and can shift money here and there without raising too much suspicion.

It’d be tricky, moving £10 000 per month, but do-able. The problem with fiddling is that by the time businesses become big enough to not notice that much money go missing, they’ve normally split the books between multiple people to stop this happening. Unless you have those in on it - then it’s easy sailing.

The 10 Worst Accounting Scandals of

Financial fraud; aka. fiddling the books.

All you need is a crack-shot accountant and a biggish business. Accountants have the freedom to deal with a lot of entries at their discretion, and can shift money here and there without raising too much suspicion.

It’d be tricky, moving £10 000 per month, but do-able. The problem with fiddling is that by the time businesses become big enough to not notice that much money go missing, they’ve normally split the books between multiple people to stop this happening. Unless you have those in on it - then it’s easy sailing.

The 10 Worst Accounting Scandals of All Time

Those cases gave the offenders just a smidge more than £10 000 per month.

Otherwise, I’ve always wondered what it’d be like to be a Colombian Drug Baron’s accountant, but then I remember that I’m partial to not being shot.

Drugs would have been my choice, they sell for ridiculous prices where I’m from.

Since there’s a no drug rule and 10k/month isn’t a lot,

I would go with abusing government grants, not an option in some countries though.

Its much safer if you run your operations well and cover your bases and the consequences are not as severe if you are caught. For 10k/month you are also not likely to attract attention of law enforcement.

There are many ways to do this but a common type would be false claims.

Let’s say the government offers a 50% grant on a particular product/service.

You offer such a product/service

Drugs would have been my choice, they sell for ridiculous prices where I’m from.

Since there’s a no drug rule and 10k/month isn’t a lot,

I would go with abusing government grants, not an option in some countries though.

Its much safer if you run your operations well and cover your bases and the consequences are not as severe if you are caught. For 10k/month you are also not likely to attract attention of law enforcement.

There are many ways to do this but a common type would be false claims.

Let’s say the government offers a 50% grant on a particular product/service.

You offer such a product/service at a highly marked up rate, your client claim the grant and pays you, you give some kickback.

Win/win.

Mark Ervin Reeves made about that robbing banks. Never killed anyone, and the only person he shot was himself, and even then, didn’t get a kill. So that meets your “no killing” rule. Lasted years, until caught by robbing a bank when traffic was bad, and was caught when running officers surrounded him while he was stuck in traffic.

Another person, who I knew personally, though not well at all, was hauled out of work one day at gunpoint by the IRS. He had been making a good living filing fake tax returns, and living off the refunds.

I’ve also known some people who managed quite a haul with SS and

Mark Ervin Reeves made about that robbing banks. Never killed anyone, and the only person he shot was himself, and even then, didn’t get a kill. So that meets your “no killing” rule. Lasted years, until caught by robbing a bank when traffic was bad, and was caught when running officers surrounded him while he was stuck in traffic.

Another person, who I knew personally, though not well at all, was hauled out of work one day at gunpoint by the IRS. He had been making a good living filing fake tax returns, and living off the refunds.

I’ve also known some people who managed quite a haul with SS and welfare fraud.

Or, you could try your hand at insurance fraud.

I would write some sort of computer program that would steal access to someone’s personal information (social security, health, credit card info, etc.). Then, I would find a way to install it on people’s computers. I would put it up on the web for download disguised as something else, and order the program to slowly withdraw money from the user’s bank account. You’d think most people would have some sort of security on their computer but many people do not.

Robbing banks, blackmail, money laundering, taking coins from washing machines at laundromats… there are thousands of ways.