How I can solve problem and learn fast? :(

A2A, thanks.

I’ve never been good at “fast.” As for getting good at solving problems, one just has to work through enough suitable problems. In this process, it is normal to get stuck, and it is important to diagnose one’s knowledge gaps and fill them. This is hard to do, and a lot of students misunderstand their own barriers. For example, many think that “calculus is killing” them while what’s really killing them is their lack of skill to factor a polynomial. Denial is a risk.

“Fast” is not a good goal. Don’t be fast. Be thorough. Ask questions aimed at making your knowledge solid.

its easier than you think.
heres a simple formula that will work fast.
A simple formula for unlimited energy - associate emotionally triggering things/shadow states (if you that don’t know what this is, subconscious disowned aspects of self) with syntropy (maximum potentiation of each moment) 🔥 💥 gratitude 🙏 constant learning 📚 and continuous lessening of effort 😌 , as well as images/colors that represent these things to utilize more of your brain (left brain = language, right brain = images, color). If you can’t think of good enough images, don’t fret. Tell your subconscious to pick the

its easier than you think.
heres a simple formula that will work fast.
A simple formula for unlimited energy - associate emotionally triggering things/shadow states (if you that don’t know what this is, subconscious disowned aspects of self) with syntropy (maximum potentiation of each moment) 🔥 💥 gratitude 🙏 constant learning 📚 and continuous lessening of effort 😌 , as well as images/colors that represent these things to utilize more of your brain (left brain = language, right brain = images, color). If you can’t think of good enough images, don’t fret. Tell your subconscious to pick the perfect ones out of its storage.

I as assuming you are trying to solve a programming competition problem - other problems might benefits from the approach as well but I am less clear there.

Apparently this is problem dependent, but there are a few tricks that make problem solving easier. First:

1. Read the problem loud

When I say read, I mean, literally, use your mouth. That give you a triple interaction with the problem, your eyes, you mouth and your ears. Make sure you are clear with the problem, it should be clear what output should be given given an input. At least, the property that would be possessed by the output.
  2. Try some

I as assuming you are trying to solve a programming competition problem - other problems might benefits from the approach as well but I am less clear there.

Apparently this is problem dependent, but there are a few tricks that make problem solving easier. First:

1. Read the problem loud

When I say read, I mean, literally, use your mouth. That give you a triple interaction with the problem, your eyes, you mouth and your ears. Make sure you are clear with the problem, it should be clear what output should be given given an input. At least, the property that would be possessed by the output.
  2. Try some examples

Make sure you be an adversary of yourself, try hard cases. That can clarify whether or not you know the problem well enough.
  3. Write down your ideas

To actually solve the problem, you need to start somewhere. Write down some ideas you have. I mean, literally, write it down. Typing it out is okay.
  4. Analyze what you wrote:

Ask yourself these probing questions to see if what you just wrote make sense:

- Am I precise enough. Did I mention something that could have multiple interpretations?
    - Does the thing I mention exists?
    - Does the thing I mention unique?
    - Did the condition I mention possible?
    - What if it doesn't match the condition I thought about.

These question should help rolling forward.
  5. Apply common tactics to address difficulty

- Is there a natural order of processing so that I can avoid these complexities?
    - Is there a way I can unify/canonicalize concepts so that I can avoid having so many cases?
    - What if god gave me the solution of the sub-problems? Does that hint at divide and conquer or dynamic programming
    - Is there a geometric structure somewhere?
    - …
  6. Find blind spots

A common issue is a problem solver never know what he/she don’t know. That needs an exploratory process. I found random test cases particularly useful, just generate random test cases to try things out. More than often these cases tell you something you never considered.
  7. Start over

Getting stuck with a particular approach might never lead you to the true solution that needs something completely different. Early on in the process we should try a wide variety of approaches.

That being said, all problems are unique, there is simply no recipe to solve any problem. Hopefully it helps.

The approach to this is known as Thinking outside the Box.

There are in general two types of thinking process which are:-

• In box Thinking
  • Out of box Thinking

Out of box Thinking or lateral Thinking refers to that thinking approach when we arrive at a solution of a problem in unconventional ways or look at the problem through an unexpected perspective.

In general out of box Thinking approach does not use any past experiences which are feed up in the memory and arrive at the solution through a completely unusual way and mostly used the presence of mind unlike in-box Thinkers.

Now the important questio

The approach to this is known as Thinking outside the Box.

There are in general two types of thinking process which are:-

• In box Thinking
  • Out of box Thinking

Out of box Thinking or lateral Thinking refers to that thinking approach when we arrive at a solution of a problem in unconventional ways or look at the problem through an unexpected perspective.

In general out of box Thinking approach does not use any past experiences which are feed up in the memory and arrive at the solution through a completely unusual way and mostly used the presence of mind unlike in-box Thinkers.

Now the important question comes how to practice or how to use out of box Thinking in our day to day life.Yes there are some steps to practice it much effectively and let me explain each of them in detail:-

1] Practicing Silence:-

The first approach is how we take care of our thoughts.On an average a human mind is confined with 60,000 thoughts per day and most of the time the thoughts are repetitive.

The human mind is a nest of thoughts.Out of box Thinking can be achieved by increasing the silence between the thoughts when no brain activity should be there.The more the silence between the thoughts,more is the out of box Thinking.

In a day we all experience a brief period of time when no brain activity is there but the point is that,the period of silence is quite narrow.

So to practice out of box Thinking that period of silence should be increased and that can be increased through proper methodical Meditation and also by inculcating good habits.

2] Proper Use of brain waves at the right time:-

There are in general five types of brain waves prevailing through in our brain at different frequencies.They are Beta,Alpha,Theta,Delta and Gamma Brainwaves.

But the most interesting part is that among them Alpha and Theta are the Brainwaves which support out of box thinking.

Alpha and Theta waves are mostly prevalent at the moment we wake up from the sleep because that was the time when we are fully not a concious state of mind and due to that we can use that state of mind for our own benefit to think some complex problems instead of wasting it.

3] Practicing Aanvikshiki:-

The term might sound new but it was a old traditional approach mentioned in Kautilya's Arthashastra.

Aanvikshiki is nothing but refers to the art of Thinking.Aan refers to Anu which is a small component like atom and Vikshiki refers to right thinking.

It is also referred to as strategic thinking and basically can be followed through three steps which are:-

• Samkhya
  • Yoga
  • Lokyata

Samkhya means numbers,Yoga refers to connect together and lokyata refers to materialistic success.

4] Coordination between two halves of brain:-

Our human brain can be divided into two halves which is called as Left brain and the Right brain.

The left brain generally deals with Logic and the Right brain deals with Imagination.

Out of box thinking works better when both the halves of brain compromise with each other and stay hand in hand.

The importance of this is that for any given problem to be solved unconventionally we need both logic and imagination and if both shakes hands it will truly do wonders.

5] Presence of mind:-

Unique presence of mind is one of the key factor for out of box Thinking.

Presence of mind doesn't require any past memory and due to that it can arrive at any solution through unexpected ways.

6] Concentration:-

Out of box thinking can also be achieved through increased Concentration.The more concentrated our mind,the lesser are the chances of will get deviated.

And the best way to increase concentration is to train our mind to stay focussed and it is not a one day job,it will come through regular practice and patience.

7] Reading Habits:-

Reading good books feeds our brain with information and knowledge and also helps in broaden the outlook.

The usefulness comes in out of box thinking when we try to look at the things through a different view not because of the knowledge feeded into our brain through books but because while reading it provides a different outlook altogether and now it's the time for its application.

8] Brainstorming Sessions:-

Good and continuous use of brainstorming sessions are a good way to practice out of box Thinking.

FootNotes:-

Anviksiki - Wikipedia

Thinking outside the box - Wikipedia

To answer this question, you can learn to think and solve problems faster by developing frameworks. Frameworks give you structure, allowing you solve problems with a basis rather than boiling the ocean for clues.

Cognitive Frameworks:

Develop a set of cognitive frameworks that allow you to efficiently and effectively process, categorize, and analyze information. One example is the decision framework or decision matrix. The simplest version of a decision framework is the pro vs. con list.

Another example: Management consultants and other business professionals use frameworks to analyze and solve p

To answer this question, you can learn to think and solve problems faster by developing frameworks. Frameworks give you structure, allowing you solve problems with a basis rather than boiling the ocean for clues.

Cognitive Frameworks:

Develop a set of cognitive frameworks that allow you to efficiently and effectively process, categorize, and analyze information. One example is the decision framework or decision matrix. The simplest version of a decision framework is the pro vs. con list.

Another example: Management consultants and other business professionals use frameworks to analyze and solve problems daily. Suppose a client asks an elevator question around market entry problems. One can, for example, apply a SWOT framework to quickly think through the strengths (S), weaknesses (W), opportunities (O), and threats (T) to market entry, creating a coherent and cohesive recommendation rather than randomly slicing and dicing.

In summary, cognitive frameworks help you to efficiently identify where to look for solutions to problems, and clearly dissect the situation in terms of what to prioritize.

Memory Frameworks:

For problem solving reliant on knowledge or information, developing a set of prior memory frameworks may help. The human brain reacts to various stimuli, and relies on different synapses to retrieve, process, and examine information. In short, develop memory frameworks that allows you to quickly retrieve knowledge and information.

One example of a memory framework is a vivid picture of the house you grew up in. As you walk through the house in your mind’s eye, you store lists of information, associating each concept or data point with a vivid picture of an item in the house. When you need to quickly retrieve the knowledge needed to solve a particular problem, just walk through the “house” and the conceits or ideas come back to you vividly.

These memory framework may take a little bit if effort in the beginning to construct, but once constructed, they can speed up your information retrieval abilities, allowing you to solve problems faster.

Consider the possibility that this may not be a goal you should be working toward, especially since “quick remembering” is admitted to be challenging. You may want to work on developing your playful adaptation of a core set of tools base upon their use over a wide range of problems.

One approach to solving problems is to build an encyclopedic memory of problem types in their many forms, and to memorize the steps for their solution in a way that allows you to swap “non-essential” specifics. This seems to be what the question asks about.

Listening to proponents of this approach is a bit like watch

Consider the possibility that this may not be a goal you should be working toward, especially since “quick remembering” is admitted to be challenging. You may want to work on developing your playful adaptation of a core set of tools base upon their use over a wide range of problems.

One approach to solving problems is to build an encyclopedic memory of problem types in their many forms, and to memorize the steps for their solution in a way that allows you to swap “non-essential” specifics. This seems to be what the question asks about.

Listening to proponents of this approach is a bit like watching an old public television show called “The New Yankee Workshop”. In the show, which was sort of a how-to video about woodworking projects, the host would spend the half hour making a piece of furniture. Invariably, the project would require the introduction and demonstration of some brand-new, never-before-seen power tool that was perfect for some step of the process. The viewer would either decide they must buy one or become crushed as they realized that the woodworking project was beyond their own ability.

Proponents of the memorization of a huge inventory of problem types can be identified by their reliance on mnemonic devices and formulas with inventors’ names attached to them. Many mnemonic devices and many formulas: The jaw-dropping tools out of reach for the ordinary mortal, due to the cost of memorizing them and learning to use them properly.

The challenges with this approach include

• making the correct match of a situation to a known pattern;
  • retrieving, from memory, the precise steps of that known pattern, without error;
  • substituting the correct specifics of the problem at hand into the recalled pattern;
  • completing the work.

This approach is seen at its best when observing a wise old master in their trade. Indeed, that illustrates “wisdom”. I have serious doubts about the usefulness and success of this strategy when just learning. There is opportunity for error at each step - identification, recall, substitution and calculation.

Consider problems involving conversion between temperatures in Fahrenheit and Celsius. Yes, one can memorize two distinct formulas:

F=95C+32F=95C+32

C=5(F32)9C=5(F−32)9

But suppose the problem was that the Celsius temperature had changed day to day by 13 degrees, and you need to find the change in Fahrenheit? While one person is searching their memory to determine if they ever encountered the problem before, a problem with a formula possibly including an F0,F1,C0andC1F0,F1,C0andC1 their peer is taking a different approach, already plugging in values.

Oh, the peer also only remembered one version of the formula, which they would use to derive the other one. And they did not memorize it too rigorously, because they can derive the formula from two temperature equivalents they needed to know.

**Spoiler Alert regarding the movie, “Gravity”**: There is a scene when Sandra Bullock’s character finds herself in a Russian space capsule that runs out of fuel, but she needs it to move, to solve the current problem and move to the next, in finding a way to save herself. George Clooney’s character points out that, while she may not be at all trained in operating this capsule, she is at least aware of one of its features. Her problem goes from an insurmountable mystery, to trying to locate how to activate that feature.

I would recommend practice with a variety of problems. I would recommend reviewing the derivation of formulas to the point of being able to reproduce the derivations in the context of a problem. You only need to be aware of it to the level of being able rely on your skills to reproduce it.

You should physically write down (either on paper or in some text editor) the approach you followed in a step-by-step manner. When you have done proper documentation for a few similar tasks, move back and try to find out common patterns and themes. The next step is to document these themes, so that you and others can use them whenever a similar problem needs to be solved. (These are your so called Flash Cards)

If you are documenting via some text editing software, then you could also tag the documents with key-words describing the task. This will help you and others to later search the document

You should physically write down (either on paper or in some text editor) the approach you followed in a step-by-step manner. When you have done proper documentation for a few similar tasks, move back and try to find out common patterns and themes. The next step is to document these themes, so that you and others can use them whenever a similar problem needs to be solved. (These are your so called Flash Cards)

If you are documenting via some text editing software, then you could also tag the documents with key-words describing the task. This will help you and others to later search the documentation by tag names and quickly find solutions to previously solved problems.

For command line syntax, you can set up aliases for long commands. So, the next time you need to use that long command, you can simply use its alias.
Eg. To grep your history add the following alias:

alias hist='history | grep '

As far as programming language syntax is concerned, no one remembers it completely. Memorize only the common things so that you have some working knowledge of the programming language. If a task requires to do something challenging that you don't know how to do, use the Internet (eg. StackOverflow) to search how to do that in code, and learn new programming syntax on the fly. IMHO, this is the best approach for programming.

Thanks for the A2A. Happy coding :)

Original question: Why do I have to solve my own problems?

Because PROBLEMS are like SHIT.

And just like SHIT, everyone needs to wipe/solve their own SHIT/PROBLEMS.

Initially, when you were a child, your shit was wiped by your parents, as you were not familiar with the whole concept of wiping. But as you grew up things changed. You started doing that thing on your own, because now you know how to do that. In general, a person more that 6–7 years old wipes his own shit, anyone not being able to do that surely has some kind of problem, may be its some genuine health issue(physical or mental) which

Original question: Why do I have to solve my own problems?

Because PROBLEMS are like SHIT.

And just like SHIT, everyone needs to wipe/solve their own SHIT/PROBLEMS.

Initially, when you were a child, your shit was wiped by your parents, as you were not familiar with the whole concept of wiping. But as you grew up things changed. You started doing that thing on your own, because now you know how to do that. In general, a person more that 6–7 years old wipes his own shit, anyone not being able to do that surely has some kind of problem, may be its some genuine health issue(physical or mental) which bars them from doing so, and in that case everyone is ready to help them. But then there are some plain stupid people, who just never want to learn and grow, they want to rely on others for like, always. And no one likes to help these idiots.

Anyone sane enough would love to wipe their own shit.

And same goes with solving problems. Solving you own problems makes you smarter, stronger. And you can always seek help, but the final dirty deed has to be done by you and you only.

There’s an old saying which goes like…

God helps those who help themselves.

Problem Solving skills can be improved via practice solving problems and by studying the rules of problem solving called heuristics.

A heuristic rule might be as simple as reading the problem statement more then once. Or, draw a diagram a mark its parts that are equal. Careful determine what is given as true since this will be your starting point for attacking a problem. Heuristic rules do not guarantee you can solve a problem. They may only help.

Observe others solving problems. Make them explain what and why they do something.

Once again I would suggest reading the works of George Polya or othe

Problem Solving skills can be improved via practice solving problems and by studying the rules of problem solving called heuristics.

A heuristic rule might be as simple as reading the problem statement more then once. Or, draw a diagram a mark its parts that are equal. Careful determine what is given as true since this will be your starting point for attacking a problem. Heuristic rules do not guarantee you can solve a problem. They may only help.

Observe others solving problems. Make them explain what and why they do something.

Once again I would suggest reading the works of George Polya or other such authors to learn about heuristic rules. Amazon can be a source for looking for book titles related to problem solving. I would hope that young students get an opportunity to read the little book titled “How to Solve It”. The mathematical experience of solving problem might even become challenging fun.

Remember in elementary school math classes when we are asked to demonstrate the steps when answering a problem?

It's not because the teacher wouldn't believe you didn't come up with the correct answers yourself. It's in order to ingraine a good habit of "seeing the middle steps" to an answer so that one day in our lives when we're faced with a problem we don't know the answer to, we have the skill and experience to go through the motions and arrive with the answer to whatever problem we face.

Similarly, in programming, if you didn't know why an answer to a given problem is correct, all you have

Remember in elementary school math classes when we are asked to demonstrate the steps when answering a problem?

It's not because the teacher wouldn't believe you didn't come up with the correct answers yourself. It's in order to ingraine a good habit of "seeing the middle steps" to an answer so that one day in our lives when we're faced with a problem we don't know the answer to, we have the skill and experience to go through the motions and arrive with the answer to whatever problem we face.

Similarly, in programming, if you didn't know why an answer to a given problem is correct, all you have to do is repeatedly asking the question: "What are the steps to get from here to there?" Refined with each unfamiliar unit.

That's how I learn, maybe you could benefit from the same exercise and perspective.

Good luck.

Do we mean math-y, technical problems? I got an A2A, and I am a math-y technical guy, so let’s assume so.

First of all, if you can invent The Problem-Solving Algorithm, like some computer code that can automatically solve any solvable problem in finite time, then you will be instantly famous.

Efforts to do this kind of thing have been broadly called “Artificial Intelligence.” Science fiction tends to illustrate AI with anthropomorphized machines and sentient robots, but in today’s world, it is more about improved decision-making and faster problem-solving.

A subset of AI problems gets the name Ma

Do we mean math-y, technical problems? I got an A2A, and I am a math-y technical guy, so let’s assume so.

First of all, if you can invent The Problem-Solving Algorithm, like some computer code that can automatically solve any solvable problem in finite time, then you will be instantly famous.

Efforts to do this kind of thing have been broadly called “Artificial Intelligence.” Science fiction tends to illustrate AI with anthropomorphized machines and sentient robots, but in today’s world, it is more about improved decision-making and faster problem-solving.

A subset of AI problems gets the name Machine Learning. The process is simple to describe: machine tries to solve problem; machine gets feedback; machine tries again. Repeat as needed.

ML is cool because it is basically what we do as humans. If we fail, we (hopefully) try something different and adjust until we succeed. But humans do this process cognitively, or even subconsciously. Machines need to be instructed in this process, which often comes down to Statistics and Linear Algebra.

I realize this doesn’t really answer your question, but hopefully it shows that your question is an important one that is being actively worked on by technical people.

A good intro to the math of ML from 3Blue1Brown:

One of the key things CodeForces does is allow one to look at the code of other people. This is very important as you can learn DIRECTLY from the best. After coding up your solution/looking at editorial, go ahead and look at other people's solution. You can't believe how many things you can just learn by doing this and how your perspective on the problems changes!! Hope this helps :)