How do I make my mind think less?

The best way to think less is to work more and think according to priorities in life. It also depends on your age,occupation,status in life and act accordingly. However the general principle on which u must act are to 1st attend to matters that are 1.Important but not urgent 2.urgent 3. Not important but urgent 4. Not important,not urgent. Even in case of thinking (which is also work) , never do the last item. Always be in the first.For this, always question your mind, whether what it is (mind)doing is right, if that thinking is correct, what should it b doing, whether it has no better busin

The best way to think less is to work more and think according to priorities in life. It also depends on your age,occupation,status in life and act accordingly. However the general principle on which u must act are to 1st attend to matters that are 1.Important but not urgent 2.urgent 3. Not important but urgent 4. Not important,not urgent. Even in case of thinking (which is also work) , never do the last item. Always be in the first.For this, always question your mind, whether what it is (mind)doing is right, if that thinking is correct, what should it b doing, whether it has no better business ?. Next,cultivate a habit of good reading, go and hear lectures on the subject of your liking, if necessary by taking permission from lecturers in collages. Please keep in touch with quora and report on the action U have taken so far. Learn to concentrate & focus on +ve aspects of life by internalizing through yogic practices .

I guess you have asked this question that is because you are thinking about something that you don't want to . Might be some issue/problems/something that hurt u and many more .

In such cases if you are involved in a controversy for which you are not at all a reason, but still the blame is on u. Then your mind will start to think on the same issue over and over. Because only YOU know that you are innocent and you are not behind it . Ur mind thinks that "You have to prove/ How to handle the controversy/ How to get rid of these stupid thoughts" whatever it might be - To make your mind think less

I guess you have asked this question that is because you are thinking about something that you don't want to . Might be some issue/problems/something that hurt u and many more .

In such cases if you are involved in a controversy for which you are not at all a reason, but still the blame is on u. Then your mind will start to think on the same issue over and over. Because only YOU know that you are innocent and you are not behind it . Ur mind thinks that "You have to prove/ How to handle the controversy/ How to get rid of these stupid thoughts" whatever it might be - To make your mind think less all you have to do is "KEEP YOURSELF OCCUPIED"

By doing these

Early morning GYM work out for an hour or more
On time Breakfast
Then to Office/College/School
Chat with friends/ Laugh out
Lunch
Evening - Go to temple/Facebook/Quora/Whatsapp
Night Dinner
Watch some English series
Roam around with Neighbors/friends
Chat with Mom & dad

Keep repeating the above mentioned things for few days.

Then automatically your mind will think less. Even if it thinks it won't be on the issue that disturbs you.

Only time can heal few things. So U be busy/occupied.

Whenever you are trying to focus on one thing but its not happening because your mind thinks a lot, there is one thing which we all do... that is trying to NOT think much and avoid all those thoughts which are coming up...
but there is a famous saying "what you resist, persist"
which means that if you do that, you would end up thinking even more and more.
There are two aspects of it -
one- you are trying to focus on something
second- you are trying to avoid something/though
We generally link these 2 things but they are entirely
2 different things...
If you are trying to focus on one thing the

Whenever you are trying to focus on one thing but its not happening because your mind thinks a lot, there is one thing which we all do... that is trying to NOT think much and avoid all those thoughts which are coming up...
but there is a famous saying "what you resist, persist"
which means that if you do that, you would end up thinking even more and more.
There are two aspects of it -
one- you are trying to focus on something
second- you are trying to avoid something/though
We generally link these 2 things but they are entirely
2 different things...
If you are trying to focus on one thing then just focus on that thing...don't focus on second aspect...you'll drain your energy unnecessarily.
Try to find out the reason behind why you are not able to focus on first thing... Whether it doesn't interest you or something else... Try to generate interest in that thing... Yes, you can do that...you just need to say to yourself that you like that thing...say that again and again and try to feel good about that thing... Initially it will be difficult but once you do that 4-5 times, you'll find immensely powerful results...
You can apply this in other areas of your life...instead of focusing on the things you don't want in life, focus on things you want...
Best of luck

Practice self awareness

Be aware of your thoughts.

Most often people over think without their own awareness.

Over thinking happens because you are not conscious of your thoughts.

When you think more be aware and stop thinking…and calm your mind

Meditation can be a good practice to think less.

Mindfulness can also help you.

Have suffered through this thought myself. A bit of experience I gained is best summed up by this article I read in Speaking Tree(edited excerpt)

You hide so much of yourself from yourself that you are not able to realize what you truly are. This unmasking marks the beginning of you become familiar with the reality of your own Self; your life begins to change radically. It becomes difficult to live with your flaws; you put in sincere effort to get rid of them. The imperfections last only because you protect and keep them hidden.
Only you can gain this insight into yourself.When you acquire the

Have suffered through this thought myself. A bit of experience I gained is best summed up by this article I read in Speaking Tree(edited excerpt)

You hide so much of yourself from yourself that you are not able to realize what you truly are. This unmasking marks the beginning of you become familiar with the reality of your own Self; your life begins to change radically. It becomes difficult to live with your flaws; you put in sincere effort to get rid of them. The imperfections last only because you protect and keep them hidden.
Only you can gain this insight into yourself.When you acquire the openness to accept your mistakes, you are a seeker of liberation.This will require great courage on your part because your ego will not like to get eliminated; it will stir up a mutiny . But as you become pure due to impartial introspection and acceptance of your weaknesses,
you will experience extraordinary silence, peace, fearlessness and joy within.

And this unmasking happens in solitude. Hope it helps you.

THINK…… Its the new SEXY.

;-) thank you

Be present, but not just present. Be content in this moment, find the happy things about now and don’t worry about the future or the past. Thinking is good, but there is too much thinking. The best way to delay that is to get physical (i.e. sports, running, etc.) or be happy were you are right now.

Dear Quoran,
If you want you could try SAHAJA YOGA meditation. It is the easiest one, you won't even need to do much efforts and it's totally FREE. It will help you alot (physically, mentally, emotionally and in all other aspects of your life). It starts with one getting his/her "SELF REALIZATION" and then the
state of "THOUGHTLESS AWARENESS" follows. If you want more details just Google it.

Wish you all the best !

Dont try to make your mind think less make it think positively and creatively.
Thoughts generate power if positive otherwise drain energy.

Mental excerises such as meditation or working out complex mental problems in a variety of different subjects will put your mind at ease. Over thinking is either that you havent solved something that your brain wont leave alone and so you might need help to solve that issue. Or you might not be challenging yourself enough and your brain is getting restless. Think about it ;)

First, realise that worrying is a normal human process. We all do it (except psychopaths).

When we start to worry about worrying we simply multiply it (I call this “anxiety squared”). Acceptance is the start - acknowledge that worrying everything could go wrong is a normal human thing to do.

Even if it’s unhelpful!

Now, I’ve found that the key to understanding worry is about seeing what you’re trying to CONTROL.

Worrying is predicting something in the future will not go the way you want, i.e. you will not be able to control it. As there is actually no such thing in the future - you are simply crea

First, realise that worrying is a normal human process. We all do it (except psychopaths).

When we start to worry about worrying we simply multiply it (I call this “anxiety squared”). Acceptance is the start - acknowledge that worrying everything could go wrong is a normal human thing to do.

Even if it’s unhelpful!

Now, I’ve found that the key to understanding worry is about seeing what you’re trying to CONTROL.

Worrying is predicting something in the future will not go the way you want, i.e. you will not be able to control it. As there is actually no such thing in the future - you are simply creating a story inside your head NOW - you feel an intense panicky hopelessness, because the situation you imagine is uncontrollable.

When we peel back another layer of the onion, and we see that this focus on something we can’t control is a convenient distraction from the real things here and now that we CAN and SHOULD be managing.

You’ll probably notice a connection - you’re more likely to be worrying about the future during times when you have difficult things to take care of NOW.

Worrying serves as a clever form of procrastination. The brain puts you onto the impossible task of controlling an imaginary scenario in the future to distract you from taking care of business today.

Instead of trying to “stop” worrying - which will only make you more worried - realise that this worry is distracting you from something you’re scared of here and now. What is that thing?

I’m most likely to worry about the future when today’s tasks are overwhelming and complex, or they’re tasks that require emotional discomfort. What are these tasks for you?

I try to identify what my worry is secretly distracting me from, and then I make a pact with myself. It goes something like this:

“OK, I’m allowed to worry about everything going wrong, just as soon as I’ve finished the important tasks that need doing NOW!”

Rather than fighting against worry, give yourself permission to worry as much as you want AFTER you’ve done the things you find scary now (they’re the tasks you’re procrastinating on and avoiding).

I almost always find that once I’ve done what needed to be done (e.g. scary business proposals) my fear about the future goes away.

Hope that helps!

Dan
dan@brojo.co.nz