How do I improve my perspective of thinking?

The answers actually very short

If you want to improve your perspective of thinking read more and observe more

The more you read and observe the more your knowledge increases which results in an improvement in your thinking perspective

READ BOOKS .
Fiction books, non-fiction, philosophy, self-improvement not Magazines or Newspapers.

The jornalist attacks your day with bad news and calamity why they need to catch your attention and make your self protect instinct to stay alert. Book evoke your imagination…

The best thing that worked for me, was thinking about the other side of arguments… thinking about how others will perceive the argument / viewpoint and try to expand your thought process about how you perceive the world…

Depending on your lifestyle, depending on your ethics…you might not see things that others would instantly pick up on and Also, it makes you think with more empathy towards others I’ve found.

If you take a hot debate and see what both sides want and break that down into perspective, typically both sides want the same thing, they just tend to want to go about it in different ways

The best thing that worked for me, was thinking about the other side of arguments… thinking about how others will perceive the argument / viewpoint and try to expand your thought process about how you perceive the world…

Depending on your lifestyle, depending on your ethics…you might not see things that others would instantly pick up on and Also, it makes you think with more empathy towards others I’ve found.

If you take a hot debate and see what both sides want and break that down into perspective, typically both sides want the same thing, they just tend to want to go about it in different ways.

Say Eating babies for example…

You have A party that eats babies…
You have B party, that due to ethics and they have large stores of food, they think it’s horrible and the baby eaters need to die.

So, you would of course say.. eating babies is bad. due to western ethics.. (I hope)
but if Party A was a starving village with only babies to eat, they may tend to fall into the party that eats babies to survive.

Now, both parties think the other are evil, but are they really?
I mean, I can empathise with both parties, but of course at the end of the day they are baby eaters. Now, I might try and send some food to them thousands of miles away, but that won’t save the babies now..and it won’t solve the issue.

Just by taking something that is horrible and putting it into a mind exercise you could definitely make leaps and bounds when it comes to improving your perspective….

Another trick my father taught me as a kid, to control my anger, was to think around the problem and discover core elements to identify the issues at hand.
I’m Angry.. why am I angry? Is this solvable or insatiable? Solve it at the core, it will then unravel and cease to be.

There are a number of things you can do:

1. Dispel the idea that there is ‘philosophical thinking’. There is just trained thinking that invokes a method, and then there is what lay persons do, which is something less than formal thinking.
  2. Dispel the myth that ‘better method’ will cure all. Most polemic failures arise, not from a lack of thinking methodology, but from a lack of subject knowledge. There is a lot to know, experiences to be had, perspectives to be understood. In the absence of that, logic, or awareness of logical fallacies, or syllogisms, is not going to help.
  3. Find a single philosopher

There are a number of things you can do:

1. Dispel the idea that there is ‘philosophical thinking’. There is just trained thinking that invokes a method, and then there is what lay persons do, which is something less than formal thinking.
  2. Dispel the myth that ‘better method’ will cure all. Most polemic failures arise, not from a lack of thinking methodology, but from a lack of subject knowledge. There is a lot to know, experiences to be had, perspectives to be understood. In the absence of that, logic, or awareness of logical fallacies, or syllogisms, is not going to help.
  3. Find a single philosopher that resonates with you, as ‘easy to learn’, as offering an integrated, coherent world view, with a lot of breadth, and master that person’s ideas, or that ‘schools’. Keep doing so until you find points of digression. When you find people, a particular school of thought that differs from ‘your school’ the most, then study that. Keep doing that, until you develop confidence in a world view.
  4. Now, it is hard to have confidence in one’s world view’ until you have applied it to the real world, so I’d next be looking at engaging with real people, in real life. i.e. Comments sections on world news articles. Facebook groups where you can debate, forums for philosophy. You are going to find that the biggest bone of contention, as stated, is not whether you know the popular logical fallacies, which is great, but whether you know something about history, science, human nature, finance, economics, psychology and law. If you didn’t previously integrate these subjects into your ‘world view’, then you are going to be making assumptions that will affect your understanding. In the absence of these subjects, particularly economics, finance and psychology, there is good reason to think you might be intellectual dishonest, just as a source of vulnerability, for the ‘sin of not needing these subjects before’, and not having the opportunity to learn them, and simply because society as a mob, hasn’t needed to learn them either.

Truth is rare; don’t expect it to be popular. If you want to be able to think with efficacy, then it is not enough to be a master of methodology. I find it helpful to differentiate yourself from everyone. You won’t be liked; but you will be efficacious. Oh, and you will be an outcast. Most people don’t like to stand corrected. I think that’s the type of ‘intensity of engagement’ that is required to be an effective thinker. It has to be automatic. Self critical and critiquing everyone, everything you confront.

To change is a matter of changing your perspective towards it. This way you approach the problem in a different manner. You don’t force the change. The change comes when you involuntarily let go, and let the change grasp you by its hand.

I will give you my perspective on the change I made, towards thinking about problems and my approach as well. I will give you, the reason for my change in thinking, the WHY and then I get to HOW, which I implemented it in my later portion of life by getting the insight from the WHY.

Here is the WHY first.

I love solving puzzles. And there was one puzzle, where I

To change is a matter of changing your perspective towards it. This way you approach the problem in a different manner. You don’t force the change. The change comes when you involuntarily let go, and let the change grasp you by its hand.

I will give you my perspective on the change I made, towards thinking about problems and my approach as well. I will give you, the reason for my change in thinking, the WHY and then I get to HOW, which I implemented it in my later portion of life by getting the insight from the WHY.

Here is the WHY first.

I love solving puzzles. And there was one puzzle, where I was stuck. When I am stuck, I am eternally stuck, not only problems pertaining to puzzles but in real life cases as well. I am eternally stuck to the point why if, all went wrong then why? I will try to figure out answers, and then try to arrive a conclusion. Then, often, they may not be the right solution. Gradually, I begin to understand. This is not the right way to approach the problem i.e not letting go voluntarily and trying to arrive at an answer. Though this is a fundamental step and all should do it as their first step. But, not arrive at an answer forcefully. It should be an natural ending to a problem which is your answer.

So, to continue my story, I was stuck at this puzzle, thinking day and night and then my brain shut down involuntarily and I see numbers arranging themselves in my dream, continuously still finding the answer. But, it was the brain who was doing it, and I was watching it getting solved. I want you to imagine a scene in a Hollywood movie, where a genius solves a problem, may be Sherlock Holmes in the TV series solves a problem, in my dream it was kind of like it. The numbers, the things arranging itself. Then, I woke up and was able to solve the puzzle. And I didn’t know how. If you ask me the steps how I arrived, I can’t tell.

I can give you two more great minds who used to work like that, supporting my WHY:

• Srinivasa Ramanujan - He intuitively knew the answer to the question, but didn’t know how.
  • Einstein - I have often read, that he arrived at a conclusion first. And, then lot of effort went into proving the theory and to put it in a structural scientific way, giving mathematical form.

I don’t proclaim to be a genius like them. But, I get the feeling now and then, when I solve day to day small problems of life, problems of coding.

Now, I get to HOW.

Think initially about the problem, try to solve it, till you begin to feel emotionally or physically drained. Then, leave the problem entirely. Do something different, go ahead try to do the mundane school work. Cleaning. Anything will work… go for a walk.

Stay with the problem, not trying to think of a solution, then you see the answer.

You may have to give it a structural form, but it will hit you. For Einstein he stayed with the problem for 10 years.

You can do it. Period!!! You have to consciously dissociate from the problem. It is something paradoxical about LIFE, you ask nothing and you get the universe.

I can give you many examples,
Dmitri Mendeleev, Periodic Table

Dmitri Mendeleev (1834–1907) wanted to organize the 65 known elements somehow. He knew there was a pattern to be discerned, and it had something to do with atomic weight, but the pattern remained elusive. Then, Mendeleev later reported, “In a dream I saw a table where all the elements fell into place as required. Awakening, I immediately wrote it down on a piece of paper.” Mendeleev’s words were quoted in “On the Question of Scientific Creativity,” by Russian chemist B.M. Kedrov.

Read the full list here in 5 Scientific Discoveries Made in Dreams

I liked a small article here, worth a read How Einstein Arrived at E=MC Squared

Here one more : How Did Einstein Think?

When you think critically, you make the decision whether or not an event, an object or situation appears to be right or wrong. Once you are given information, you evaluate the data and determine how it should be best interpreted. You then make conclusions regarding your unique perception of the information. Moreover, you combine your new information with your current knowledge of the world in order to make the most accurate assessment you can make. You start to look into other pieces of data that could be relevant. In addition, critical thinking takes facts and uses them to form an opinion or

When you think critically, you make the decision whether or not an event, an object or situation appears to be right or wrong. Once you are given information, you evaluate the data and determine how it should be best interpreted. You then make conclusions regarding your unique perception of the information. Moreover, you combine your new information with your current knowledge of the world in order to make the most accurate assessment you can make. You start to look into other pieces of data that could be relevant. In addition, critical thinking takes facts and uses them to form an opinion or a belief.
As for analytical thinking, you use it to break down a series of complex bits of information. You take thinks step-by-step to develop an overall conclusion, answer or solution. You look at something through different points of view with the objective to create a cause and an effect.

If you worry that your analytical skills are not up to par, never fear. They can be developed with time and consistent practice. Like a muscle, the more you use it, the stronger it gets. One way to start is to read more books. This may sound a little too simple of a solution but it really works. How does it work? Well, it helps when you read as actively as possible. Instead of passively skimming over paragraphs and grazing the pages, try to look at both sides of the story. For example, if you are reading a novel, try to see the plot from the perspective of the hero, the villain and other supporting characters. This causes your brain to think in new ways, and increase your stimulation. Thinking differently helps to expand your mind, which is critical.

People who have drawn wealth into their lives used the secret, whether consciously or unconciously. They think thoughts of abundance and wealth, and they do not allow any comtradictory thoughts to take root in their minds. Their dominant thoughts are of wealth. They only know wealth, and nothing else exists in their minds. Whether they are aware of it or not, their predominant thoughts of wealth are what bought wealth to them. It is the law of attraction.

You may know of people who acquired massive wealth, lost it all, and within a short time acquired massive wealth again. What happened in thes

People who have drawn wealth into their lives used the secret, whether consciously or unconciously. They think thoughts of abundance and wealth, and they do not allow any comtradictory thoughts to take root in their minds. Their dominant thoughts are of wealth. They only know wealth, and nothing else exists in their minds. Whether they are aware of it or not, their predominant thoughts of wealth are what bought wealth to them. It is the law of attraction.

You may know of people who acquired massive wealth, lost it all, and within a short time acquired massive wealth again. What happened in these cases, whether they knew it or not, is that their dominant thoughts were on wealth, that is how they acquired it in the first instance. Then they allowed fearful thoughts of losing the wealth to enter their minds, until those fearful thoughts of loss became their dominant thoughts. They tipped the scales from thinking thoughts of wealth to thinking thoughts of loss, and so they lost it all. Once they had lost it however, the fear of loss disappeared, and they tipped the scales back with dominant thoughts of wealth. And wealth returned. This is the law of attraction. Your current thoughts are creating your future life. What you think about the most or focus on the most will appear as your life.

The law responds to your thoughts, no matter what they may be.

Through this most powerful law, your thoughts become the things in your life. Your thoughts become things! Say this over to yourself and let it seep in to your consciousness and your awareness. Your thoughts become things!

• To know what you are thinking, ask yourself how you are feeling. Emotions are valuable tools that instantly tell us what we are thinking.
  • Your thoughts determine your frequency, and your feelings tell you immediately what frequency you are on. When you feel bad, you are on the frequency of drawing more bad things. When you feel good, you are powerfully attracting more good things to you.

Soucre: The Secret. :)

I will comment according to what you wrote in the description section.

The mind cannot grasp anything unknown. That means, if you feel that the answer of others (including your teacher) is obvious, but cannot come up to that conclusion yourself, it points out to the fact that the answer is already there in the mind but due to the high stress level, mind cannot bring out the same information from the memory on time. Higher the stress level is, more the mind will be paralised. This is reversable... But how?

First understand the state of your body and mind when such a situation comes up; in a seco

I will comment according to what you wrote in the description section.

The mind cannot grasp anything unknown. That means, if you feel that the answer of others (including your teacher) is obvious, but cannot come up to that conclusion yourself, it points out to the fact that the answer is already there in the mind but due to the high stress level, mind cannot bring out the same information from the memory on time. Higher the stress level is, more the mind will be paralised. This is reversable... But how?

First understand the state of your body and mind when such a situation comes up; in a second your muscles become tense, you hold your breath, you take it as a "life or death situation", you talk to yourself in capital letters and you continue finding fault with yourself if you cannot get the right answer. Please understand that the stress of the mind reflects on the stress of the body and stress of the body adds up even more stress on the mind. It is a vicious cycle.

My suggestions are as below:

• First of all relax your body... Your muscles and joints should not be tense as if entering into a fight. It may not be easy in the initial steps, as you may have many disappointing references already; the desire and excitement of giving the right answer may be so intense that it will create unnecessary stress. TIP: Increase your awareness of tightening and relaxing of the muscles and joints by using relaxation techniques of yoga.
  • Check your breathing pattern: try not to hold your breath - or not to have shallow breath. Continue normal breathing. Your thinking faculty will be able to function better, when more oxygen enters into the body. TIP: If you learn full yogic breathing and maintain it all day long, it is very good. You may also consider to practice nadi shuddhi (alternate nostril breathing) pranayama daily.
  • Relax the mind: Repeat the same question to yourself, don't rush to find a clever answer immediately but let the mind think about it, understand and apreciate the question. Then the mind will calm down and function better. TIP: Slow down the thoughts by regular meditation.

On top of that, don't expect miracles and give yourself time to break this old pattern with regular yoga practices.

Anything in this world can be achieved or overcome through the “Power of will”

You’re so much stronger than you think. The power of will can overcome anything.Our own mind acts like an Enemy if we do not control it.Our mind is our best friend and also our worst enemy. The mind isn’t you. But it’s a tool that you must master and use it well. What’s the little voice that chattering inside your mind? Listen closely and don’t let it sabotage your success.You came empty handed and you will leave empty-handed.

Living in this materialistic world, we focus mainly on tangible material things. We get so a

Anything in this world can be achieved or overcome through the “Power of will”

You’re so much stronger than you think. The power of will can overcome anything.Our own mind acts like an Enemy if we do not control it.Our mind is our best friend and also our worst enemy. The mind isn’t you. But it’s a tool that you must master and use it well. What’s the little voice that chattering inside your mind? Listen closely and don’t let it sabotage your success.You came empty handed and you will leave empty-handed.

Living in this materialistic world, we focus mainly on tangible material things. We get so attached to material items. We want a bigger house, a shinier car, and more cash in the bank. But what we forget is that we can never take all these things with us to the grave.

We came to this world as naked and empty-handed and we will take nothing with us at death. Learn not to attach to material things before things start possessing us.Whatever happened, happened for the good. Whatever is happening, is happening for the good. Whatever will happen, will also happen for the good.

Stuck in a worry loop? It’s time to break free from excessive worry!

Everyone worries. But don’t let such thoughts hold you back in life. Miss your sales target, a marketing campaign that didn’t perform well or a relationship that didn’t work out.

Don’t stress. Whatever is meant to happen will happen and everything happens for a reason.

If you’re going through a rough patch, hang on! It’s part of a cycle. Face it and learn to accept it. You don’t have to worry about the future and don’t carry the past around like a burden. The present is the only moment that you ever have. Live in the moment and give your 100% at everything you do.

Try meditation.... It will help you

When meditation is mastered, the mind is unwavering like the flame of a lamp in a windless place.

Meditation is the best way to calm your mind and give you immense peace of mind. Even sitting still with eyes closed our minds race a million miles an hour. When eyes open, we take in a barrage of images that stir our minds and emotions. With all the must do’s rule our lives.

Think meditation is boring? But the truth is sometimes we tend to overcomplicate things. It’s so much easier than you thought. Simply spend few minutes every day and sit in dhyana to attain inner peace. Or just take a long breath. You can practice this simple meditation from a quiet corner of your bedroom or office space. It’ll help you clear your mind, reduce attachment to your thoughts, make better decisions in life and business.

Gather facts and truth about your subject. Go broad spectrum as you gather facts and truth. Ask others, hopefully smarter than you are, about your approach. They can correct your approach if necessary. Next try to discern relationships between the facts and truths. Relationships can be sequence, combinations, categories, similarities in sources, end points, beginning points, trends in quantities getting bigger or smaller. I could go on and on. While doing this try not to determine a desired result because that will pre restrict your analysis. This is just a beginning of how to think. There i

Gather facts and truth about your subject. Go broad spectrum as you gather facts and truth. Ask others, hopefully smarter than you are, about your approach. They can correct your approach if necessary. Next try to discern relationships between the facts and truths. Relationships can be sequence, combinations, categories, similarities in sources, end points, beginning points, trends in quantities getting bigger or smaller. I could go on and on. While doing this try not to determine a desired result because that will pre restrict your analysis. This is just a beginning of how to think. There is so much more. Basically, stay loose and go where you are naturally led by the gathering process. Some apparently foolish rabbit trail paths can find a treasure of a relationship. Let your subconscious mind work as you gather information. It is not all about you. The conclusion is a surprise. If it is not a surprise you never needed to think about it from the beginning.

Be honest. You have a conclusion you want and require. Your not interesting in thinking for yourself. Thinking got dumped sometime in the 1960s.

Just repeat and believe a conclusion that someone else stated. You can get an advance college degree just repeating. Everyone will think you are very smart. If someone says you are wrong just reference your source. Life is much easier being a robot repeating what you are supposed to repeat. Soon a machine will replace your reason for existence.

We can think about what we are thinking. This is Self consciousness.

First some theatrical knowledge:-

Mostly we think what we cannot achieve in real world(this is our ego), & to satisfy our ego - we use imagination.

It is said that if you see yourself in past/future in any form it is your ego. This will not happen if you are conscious. It is possible to control your thoughts.

Now thinking is just a thought in your mind - to choose or reject is upon you. If you choose than you would exaggerate it to beyond limits.

To improve thoughts:-

Ground Rule:- Concentrate. To select/reject/exaggerate a thoug

We can think about what we are thinking. This is Self consciousness.

First some theatrical knowledge:-

Mostly we think what we cannot achieve in real world(this is our ego), & to satisfy our ego - we use imagination.

It is said that if you see yourself in past/future in any form it is your ego. This will not happen if you are conscious. It is possible to control your thoughts.

Now thinking is just a thought in your mind - to choose or reject is upon you. If you choose than you would exaggerate it to beyond limits.

To improve thoughts:-

Ground Rule:- Concentrate. To select/reject/exaggerate a thought is upon you.

1) Stay alone, dont do anything. Sit calm, watch your thoughts.

Concentrate on the quality of your thoughts, when you change them, how much time one thought occupies your mind, what kind of thought you exaggerate, with what kind of thought you Romanticise?

2) Now slowly start rejecting if the thought is useless. Be very conscious and dont loose concentration on this. Gradually start to reduce the useless thoughts and stop exaggerating it. Practice this

3) Practice this in front of your friends/family/public. Don't entertain thoughts which represents your ego/which are useless. And try to reduce thoughts.

Once you have built self consciousness, you would become thought free - and would think only if it is necessary. You would also develop habit of rejecting unwanted thoughts very naturally and without any trouble.

More you practice, the sooner you get benefit.

I have done this and this is my experience.

We can try to think from others perspective for a change, then we will be forced to draw completely different outcomes of situations.

This way our mind will get trained to think in multiple angles for a problem.

Then, we can arrive at many different solutions, we can pick the most effective one.

We can try to read books, also they change our perception very easily and challenge our way of thinking and rise the bar every time.