How do extremely intelligent people introduce themselves to other people?

Some people intelligent or not, introduced themselves the way other people do. They have to be formal, without much fussing, and as truth and as clear as they want to be. On the other hand, if the person is known for his her intelligence, how the person introduce him her self is connected to the protection of image the individual has to project.

So, that protection is always present for anyone who will introduce his herself to other people. That protective layer of intellectual strength is maNifested or intentionally manifesting. I would say there is no difference how intelligent people introdu

Some people intelligent or not, introduced themselves the way other people do. They have to be formal, without much fussing, and as truth and as clear as they want to be. On the other hand, if the person is known for his her intelligence, how the person introduce him her self is connected to the protection of image the individual has to project.

So, that protection is always present for anyone who will introduce his herself to other people. That protective layer of intellectual strength is maNifested or intentionally manifesting. I would say there is no difference how intelligent people introduce themselves to other people than se whose intellectual or intelligence level is lower . One tries to maintain it for a positive effect. It will always be done, consciously or unconsciously.

Credits from : I Will Teach You to be Rich, by Google

No (excessive) pride, but, as an extremely intelligent person myself, I feel qualified to answer this question.

First, a couple things: I’m a guy. I will be talking from a guys perspective; I’m an extrovert, so I’ll be assuming the same for the intelligent person in question. So, to recap, the answer will be from the view of a male, extrovert. Great!

With Females: usually if we’re alone in a room, I’ll ignore them politely. But if we’re linked by friend groups, doing an activity, or some other miscellaneous thing, I’ll watch them for a bit, deduce if I like their personality. If I do, I’ll usual

No (excessive) pride, but, as an extremely intelligent person myself, I feel qualified to answer this question.

First, a couple things: I’m a guy. I will be talking from a guys perspective; I’m an extrovert, so I’ll be assuming the same for the intelligent person in question. So, to recap, the answer will be from the view of a male, extrovert. Great!

With Females: usually if we’re alone in a room, I’ll ignore them politely. But if we’re linked by friend groups, doing an activity, or some other miscellaneous thing, I’ll watch them for a bit, deduce if I like their personality. If I do, I’ll usually crack a joke and then introduce myself, saying, “Hi, I’m Antonio. You are…?” If I don’t: they don’t get any notice from me

With Males: depends. I’ll watch them for a bit, deduce if I like their personality. If I do, I’ll go over, introduce myself by name and start joking. If I don’t, I ignore them. Don’t care about being rude, I’ll just ignore them.

Cheers!

I’m going to be straight with you. Laying it all on table.

I don’t avoid people who are intelligent. I avoid people who have no god damn idea, how they are boring as hell and talk about things at the wrong time and at the wrong place.

I’m in a bar. A bar!

With friends and amongst these friends is a woman I don’t know. They brought her along because from what one of them said to me a week ago, is she has no friends, or friends that really don’t want to spend time with her.

Even her relatives, don’t want to and co-workers don’t.

Now that is telling but I’m find with someone new with us.

But here she i

I’m going to be straight with you. Laying it all on table.

I don’t avoid people who are intelligent. I avoid people who have no god damn idea, how they are boring as hell and talk about things at the wrong time and at the wrong place.

I’m in a bar. A bar!

With friends and amongst these friends is a woman I don’t know. They brought her along because from what one of them said to me a week ago, is she has no friends, or friends that really don’t want to spend time with her.

Even her relatives, don’t want to and co-workers don’t.

Now that is telling but I’m find with someone new with us.

But here she is, sitting next time, turns round and talks about fucking engineering, politics, and all the kind of stuff I don’t want to hear, and it’s friday.

My brain is mashed. I just finished a two hour gruelling boring presentation by a guy who talks like no is in the room, data, data, data and his presentation has tons of text and he reads it all, no interactivity, no personality and burning my brain.

Two hours of that!

Then another hour of sitting listening to a manager who can’t stop talking. I even told the manager, he talks too much, needs to cut to chase and just say what he can in a min so we can get the work done!

So here I am at a bar, it’s friday, I just want to relax, have fun and if any talk, I don’t want it to be about work and what she does, is suddenly after talking about politics, she talks about her..job!

I got up, went outside to drink in fresh air and my friend comes over and says..

“I know. She’s a bit much.”
“You think?!” I say.

I don’t avoid intelligent people. I avoid people who have no social skills, people who are dry, people who are drama, people who act like victims and people who just don’t get that in certain environments you need to give a rest.

I don’t care how smart a woman is, how intelligent she is. She can have the highest damn I.Q but if she hasn’t the brain cells to understand the simplest thing about caring about other people, investing time and knowledge in being social, and there is a time and place for everything, I am so not going to even bother.

Intelligence isn’t what you know it’s about how you an adapt, relate to others and looking at it, the “intelligent” want the world to relate to them.

Lighten up.

First get to know the person, have a bit of fun, appreciate the settings, environment you are in and appreciate, some of us, have been intelligent for long gruelling hours and bursting to just let our hair down for a bit.

So lighten up a bit.

There are two possible reasons:

1. You are smart, and you are showing external signs of intelligence
  2. You aren't very smart, but you are showing external signs commonly associated with intelligence.

In either case, there is something in the information people receive when first meeting you that makes them think you are "smart".

There is a long list of possible tell-tale signs people infer from, from the legitimate (in no particular order):

• the apparent ease with which you handle relatively high mental load
  • the amount of information you work with (this one is arguable, since it doesn't imply a strong

There are two possible reasons:

1. You are smart, and you are showing external signs of intelligence
  2. You aren't very smart, but you are showing external signs commonly associated with intelligence.

In either case, there is something in the information people receive when first meeting you that makes them think you are "smart".

There is a long list of possible tell-tale signs people infer from, from the legitimate (in no particular order):

• the apparent ease with which you handle relatively high mental load
  • the amount of information you work with (this one is arguable, since it doesn't imply a strong reasoning faculty, but quiz-knowledge does imply an above-average memory)
  • your ability to understand the person you're talking to quickly and accurately, and show familiarity or at least ability to deal with topics/issues raised
  • your ability to solve a problem the person making the judgment can't (more legitimately: your ability to solve complex problems)

...to the incidental (again in no particular order):

• the way you dress
  • your hairdo
  • your accent when speaking
  • where you live, what car you drive, where you work, what institutions you were educated at, what color your skin is
  • the amount of people surrounding you at a party
  • your manners
  • your tastes in music and movies
  • the topics you're interested in
  • your vocabulary (the more syllables, the higher the assumed IQ; also, the more academic-sounding your vocabulary is, the higher the assumed IQ)

Because too often, there are people who fail to grasp what true intelligence means. They measure intelligence solely by monetary gain or via a diploma yardstick.

Too often society, believes that just because someone is wealthy or is aces in his/her field that that equates with intelligence. No, it doesn’t. Intelligence is deeper than that.

Possessing intelligence involves being able to think outside the box in some areas of life. It necessitates being able to listen and sift through information and to know how to apply whatever acquired knowledge one has gained. And by knowledge, I’m not merely

Because too often, there are people who fail to grasp what true intelligence means. They measure intelligence solely by monetary gain or via a diploma yardstick.

Too often society, believes that just because someone is wealthy or is aces in his/her field that that equates with intelligence. No, it doesn’t. Intelligence is deeper than that.

Possessing intelligence involves being able to think outside the box in some areas of life. It necessitates being able to listen and sift through information and to know how to apply whatever acquired knowledge one has gained. And by knowledge, I’m not merely referring to “book sense”.

Old folk back in ‘Bama used to say, “Some folk have book sense but no life sense.” Amen, amen, amen to that all day long. Yearly, many graduate with certificates and aren’t intelligent. They can regurgitate but can’t replicate the knowledge gained in their life.

Some of the most intelligent people I’ve ever met were farmers who’d fan themselves on a sunny summer day while uttering pearls of life wisdom. The ones who could calculate in their heads sans calculators, even. The ones who knew how to navigate life on a shoestring budget. I’ve met garbage collectors who possessed more intelligence than a lawyer on M Street, Washington, DC. Yet, it were the lawyers who’d look down their noses at the intelligent garbage collectors.

Perhaps good ol’ Merriam Webster defines intelligence best: “ 1a(1) : the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations : reason also : the skilled use of reason. (2) : the ability to apply knowledge to manipulate one's environment or to think abstractly as measured by objective criteria (such as tests)”

If one measures intelligence by a certification/diploma yardstick, that is truly faulty reasoning.

You can usually tell when another person is smart pretty quickly. Based on their comments, their observations, the vocabulary of words they use, and the questions they ask.

I would say mostly the questions they ask. The brightest people I have ever met usually ask very smart questions. They let you talk for a little bit, and then they ask you a question that other people takes several prior questions before eventually coming to it. The more quickly they ask questions of a precise nature usually tells you you’re dealing with a smart person.

Also, because they often have a higher base level of kno

You can usually tell when another person is smart pretty quickly. Based on their comments, their observations, the vocabulary of words they use, and the questions they ask.

I would say mostly the questions they ask. The brightest people I have ever met usually ask very smart questions. They let you talk for a little bit, and then they ask you a question that other people takes several prior questions before eventually coming to it. The more quickly they ask questions of a precise nature usually tells you you’re dealing with a smart person.

Also, because they often have a higher base level of knowledge on various topics, when you discuss things with them, their questions are better, because you’re both already operating from a certain level of knowledge, so their questions are more specific about advanced aspects of the topic at hand.

That said, I enjoy talking to people of various levels of education and intelligence. If someone’s not particularly educated, they still can be very smart. And if they’re not very smart, often they still have a charming and entertaining perspective on how they operate.

You haven't mentioned the exact circumstances, i.e personal or professional etc. But I a guessing from the framing of your question that this is a professional environment. Depending on your education, experience, skill level, inter-personal skills etc your answer will be slightly different but here are a few points.

Don't sound too eager (most important) and don't sound blasé either (equally important). Your voice should be respectful, polite and speak clearly and slowly. This requires practice for most people. Do practice this with your friends.

Be reasonably brief. I would say between a minu

You haven't mentioned the exact circumstances, i.e personal or professional etc. But I a guessing from the framing of your question that this is a professional environment. Depending on your education, experience, skill level, inter-personal skills etc your answer will be slightly different but here are a few points.

Don't sound too eager (most important) and don't sound blasé either (equally important). Your voice should be respectful, polite and speak clearly and slowly. This requires practice for most people. Do practice this with your friends.

Be reasonably brief. I would say between a minute and two. You can say right at the beginning - I will try to be brief but would love to elaborate on any aspect if you wish. Please just ask me.

Be as relevant as you possibly can be (80% - 90%). Normally no one is interested in your childhood story or what you did in college or whether you enjoy tennis or soccer.

Work your way backwards, generally speaking, when it comes to work experience (this is for a job interview). What you have been doing most recently is the most relevant. Also spend more time on recent stuff.

This is the hardest. If you are truly proud of something, leave it for the last. Don't open with it.

Finally, remember that an introduction is not a big deal. So don't sweat it. Your goal is not to get it perfectly right. Just not screwing up is usually good enough. And the only real way you can screw it up is by saying something offensive or politically incorrect or rambling on (a LOT of people ramble, I used to as well until someone corrected me.)

Intelligent people tend to spend more time listening and thinking than they do speaking, they tend to ask more questions than do the less intelligent, and quite often they say nothing at all. It often takes time to discern whether someone is intelligent, for the truly intelligent do not feel it necessary to demonstrate their abilities - particularly to a total stranger - and often downplay their intellectual abilities, having learned that others sometimes find them to be threatening or intimidating.

Given the often introverted nature of intelligent people, and the fact that it is incorrect

Intelligent people tend to spend more time listening and thinking than they do speaking, they tend to ask more questions than do the less intelligent, and quite often they say nothing at all. It often takes time to discern whether someone is intelligent, for the truly intelligent do not feel it necessary to demonstrate their abilities - particularly to a total stranger - and often downplay their intellectual abilities, having learned that others sometimes find them to be threatening or intimidating.

Given the often introverted nature of intelligent people, and the fact that it is incorrect to assume that someone's knowledge about one or more subjects signifies general intelligence, in my experience it is best not to attempt to judge the intelligence of another when first meeting him or her. An early clue may be the use of proper sentence structure when speaking, but that is merely a clue and should not be relied upon as a definitive indicator.

As a normal person this is my opinion and some of my readings but actually i'm not a psychology student or something so if anything was wrong about my answer i'm sorry .

Highly creative people tend to think for themselves, they are not easily influenced or swayed by others, and they can easily think outside the “box”.

Of course to be creative intelligence is important but it's one of too many charactristics for being highly creative .

Creativity is the advanced level of intelligence .

General Characteristics of Creative Individuals:

1. Genuinely values intellectual and cognitive matters.
  2. Values own ind

As a normal person this is my opinion and some of my readings but actually i'm not a psychology student or something so if anything was wrong about my answer i'm sorry .

Highly creative people tend to think for themselves, they are not easily influenced or swayed by others, and they can easily think outside the “box”.

Of course to be creative intelligence is important but it's one of too many charactristics for being highly creative .

Creativity is the advanced level of intelligence .

General Characteristics of Creative Individuals:

1. Genuinely values intellectual and cognitive matters.
  2. Values own independence and autonomy.
  3. Is verbally fluent; can express ideas well.
  4. Enjoys aesthetic impressions; is aesthetically reactive.
  5. Is productive; gets things done.
  6. Is concerned with philosophical problems, for example, religion, values, the meaning of life.
  7. Has high aspiration level for self.
  8. Has wide range of interests.
  9. Thinks and associates ideas in unusual ways; has unconventional thought processes; can make unusual connections to unrelated ideas or things.
  10. Is an interesting, arresting person.
  11. Appears straightforward, forthright and candid in dealings with others.
  12. Behaves in an ethically consistent manner; has consistent personal standards

For a good start, stop being intimidated by them! This will make you more comfortable and not give more air to their ego.

You just talk to them naturally like you talk to any other person except you choose topics that might interest them and even you are well-versed in that.

Like you talk about a project of yours and ask them for suggestion or discuss about a news which you have read very well. Like these you find what might interest them!

Always learn as much as you can from these people and try to assess what makes them so intelligent! Is it in he genes or is it acquired from hardwork and passi

For a good start, stop being intimidated by them! This will make you more comfortable and not give more air to their ego.

You just talk to them naturally like you talk to any other person except you choose topics that might interest them and even you are well-versed in that.

Like you talk about a project of yours and ask them for suggestion or discuss about a news which you have read very well. Like these you find what might interest them!

Always learn as much as you can from these people and try to assess what makes them so intelligent! Is it in he genes or is it acquired from hardwork and passion.

And don’t worry about what they might think of you! Because if they are more intelligent than you then may be you cook better than them.

You hone your skills and appreciate theirs. If they are intelligent enough, they will value yours!

Studies find that smarter people tend to be nicer and more generous, on average.

One theory of this is that they do better in life, and so have had better experiences with others and find it easier to spend human capital on the welfare of others.

However, we’re talking averages here. Like anyone else, smarter people come in every variety. So you’ll find smart people who are vile and smart people who are saints.

It’s interesting to look at the averages, but we have to be careful not to cross the line into stereotyping.

Its always good to surround yourself with smart people ..because they constantly provide you the motivation that you need in life..since you have already joined quora ...you are already surrounded by smart people ...let me tell you my story ..i was an average student till 12th...and during my engineering 1st year ...there were few smart guys who used make fun of my marks..then i realised if you want to do something in life you gotta do some changes in life ...i worked hard in my 6th sem and topped my group... The people who used make fun of me started talking to me...started giving me respect

Its always good to surround yourself with smart people ..because they constantly provide you the motivation that you need in life..since you have already joined quora ...you are already surrounded by smart people ...let me tell you my story ..i was an average student till 12th...and during my engineering 1st year ...there were few smart guys who used make fun of my marks..then i realised if you want to do something in life you gotta do some changes in life ...i worked hard in my 6th sem and topped my group... The people who used make fun of me started talking to me...started giving me respect ...so if you want to be surrounded by smart people ...first thing you should do is prove yourself..changes that you should make in life are as follows:

1.eliminate all negative people from your life..

2.take control of your mind..start thinking postive about life...you wont believe but your thoughts can do miracles for you ..all things in the universe are exerting gravitational force on eachother ..(same in case of thoughts)

3 once you start thinking positively you will see everything around is changing..

4 make some friends with whom you can discuss some good ideas or who have same interest..

5 last but not the least ..*prove yourself*..