How can I train myself to be more logically consistent?

I would start by examining what in your life is causing distraction, and start there. Consistency begins with looking at that could be causing lack of order in your life, and either getting rid of those distractions, minimizing them, or trying to figure out how to turn these experiences and thoughts into a strength instead of a detriment. The sooner that you can figure out what is standing in your way, the sooner you can make a solid foundation to allow more consistency to flow in your life. Once you learn your habits, and work on organizing your thought processes, you will soon find that your actions will become much more organized and as a result consistency will follow. Hope this helps!

You don’t.

If that were even possible, it would be a great mistake.

In an over-simplified description our brains work in 2 ways:

The ‘intuitive’ which processes gigantic amounts of informations in the most scrambled way, mixing images, models, feelings, memories, patterns, prejudice and concepts. I am talking about petabytes of information here.

Then we try to put all of that information in a more rational, and understandable line of thinking . One of the ways of doing that is using vocabulary. We talk to ourselves when we are trying to organize our thoughts like we are organizing a garage. It’s a

You don’t.

If that were even possible, it would be a great mistake.

In an over-simplified description our brains work in 2 ways:

The ‘intuitive’ which processes gigantic amounts of informations in the most scrambled way, mixing images, models, feelings, memories, patterns, prejudice and concepts. I am talking about petabytes of information here.

Then we try to put all of that information in a more rational, and understandable line of thinking . One of the ways of doing that is using vocabulary. We talk to ourselves when we are trying to organize our thoughts like we are organizing a garage. It’s all about choosing what is really important, but at this level, we are only working with Kilobytes of information.

Really smart people go back and forth a lot of times. Ever asked a smart person what he is thinking about and he says he still can’t explain? That is why.

Now, this being said, you may work on that process of bringing knowledge to that rational way of thinking.

First, you must master Logic. I don’t understand why a lot of people don’t understand logic, but I know you can train it. You have a lot of games and exercises available. Those “Socrates is a man, all men are immortal” tests are the standard, but you may train by sudoku, or simple games.

Second, improve your argument and analysis skills. I could call it critical thinking, but it wouldn’t be very critical thinking of me to do it. My favorite way of doing is making movies reviews. Forget the pseudo-intellectual analysis and go to the simple stuff. Why did you liked on didn’t liked a certain movie? In order to get better at this, you might want to see some great critics. I really enjoy this, kind of comic, youtube channel called ‘Honest Trailers’. He finds this smart nuances, that everybody sees, but most of us fail to bring them to our rational part. Notice how when someone calls them out, the others say “Oh Yeaaaaah. I see it”. If you come to enjoy this activity, I also recommend Nerdwriter, a more advanced critique.

Talk about subjective things. I find it really amusing how engineers usually hate this, but that is because some topics are really hard to put on a totally rational mindset. And social sciences are full of this. But talking about your feelings are a great exercise. You may also try do describe a flavour, a music, a smell or a social situation.

Learn how to do schematics. Even better than working with language is working with schematics. Sadly, I don’t know how to improve here. Usually, programmers are very good with this, and engineers in general, but mostly because they use them a lot.

Last, learn to think like an economist. Coursera has the most amazing course I have ever seen. Model Thinking by Scott E. Page from the University of Michigan.

Thinking with your heart is not always good for you. At times logical thinking can prevent you from making or repeating mistakes that may cost dear in future. It is assumed that people who think with their left brains are logical whereas those thinking with their right brains are more emotional and intuitive. Some people are born with high deductive ability which they cannot give up even if they try. Logical thinking can be a curse or boon; depending on the situation you are in. Logical thinking can blow off the mist created by emotions to show you the reality and factualness of the situation

Thinking with your heart is not always good for you. At times logical thinking can prevent you from making or repeating mistakes that may cost dear in future. It is assumed that people who think with their left brains are logical whereas those thinking with their right brains are more emotional and intuitive. Some people are born with high deductive ability which they cannot give up even if they try. Logical thinking can be a curse or boon; depending on the situation you are in. Logical thinking can blow off the mist created by emotions to show you the reality and factualness of the situation or people. When you become a logical person, you will be able to differentiate between truth and lies, solve your problems effectively and take right decisions which will benefit you and others. Often, the truth is staring back at us, but we tend to ignore it as we are blinded by our emotions. These are 6 easy ways that can help you think more logically, so that you will be able to look at the world more clearly with right reasoning.

1. Small details are important:

Sherlock Holmes said, ‘The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.” The clue to logical thinking lies in being observant and noticing details. If you watch a person closely, you will be amazed to know how easy it to tell a lie from truth. Do not try to change facts so that they fit into your belief system, but build your beliefs on the facts. The trick of observation can be developed through practice and perseverance.

2. Work with puzzles:

Logical thinking is improved when you work on puzzles like Rubik’s cube, which demands deduction of results from all possible angels. The solution for puzzles is often described by the mnemonic SMART, which means the deductions should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bounded. Puzzles and games which involve rational thinking exercise the brain to work on logical thinking. With time thinking logically becomes a habit.

3. Hold on to your own beliefs:

Do not give in to arguments that show that all people believe in it, so it is true. There was a time when everybody believed that earth was flat and center of the universe, including all the major religions of the world. There is no need for you to accept something as true, just for the reason that you cannot prove it to be wrong. Hold on to your logical thinking and beliefs that come with it, no matter how much pressure others mount on you. Never underestimate the power of intuition and gut-feeling as illogical, as they can be quite reliable at times, especially when they are your own.

4. Build formidable defense against emotional blackmail:

Not many people like it when you think about them rationally; hence, they are bound to distract you with emotional blackmail or any other defense mechanism they are familiar with. If you are not strong with your own defense against such strategies, you will yield to the pressure sooner or later. Beware of your own defense mechanisms which may have developed over the period. When people try to vague, ask them to be specific and explain exactly what they mean.

5. Ask yourself questions:

When you are doing something irrational, stop and ask yourself the question why you are doing it? Look at the action and resulting consequences from all possible angles before moving ahead. Keep aside bias, patronizing and prejudices while making your decisions. Slow down, take deep breaths and be calm. You cannot be logical when you are stressed and running in hurry. Answer your questions honestly, racking your brain for right information.

6. Be prepared to handle the truth:

Many people stop being logical just because they are afraid to face the truth. Preparing yourself to handle the truth is the first step towards becoming a more logical person. Beware that truth can be quite painful at times; but there is no reason in living in a false world. Do not ignore facts, data, clues or cause that holds light to truth because you are afraid what it may reveal. Prepare yourself to handle the bitter truth.

Many people here have given great advice. Hold eye contact, practice in front of the mirror, listen closely, and so on. Those things work! But something important is still missing.

From what you write, it seems that your problem is not that you don't know a certain conversation technique or lack social skills. The problem is your mindset.

Let me give you a few examples from the question description you wrote:

• "I mess up while speaking."
  • "I am afraid of people listening to me."
  • "My grammar haunts me."
  • "This is denting my confidence."

These sentences and similar ones are what you probably tell yourself

Many people here have given great advice. Hold eye contact, practice in front of the mirror, listen closely, and so on. Those things work! But something important is still missing.

From what you write, it seems that your problem is not that you don't know a certain conversation technique or lack social skills. The problem is your mindset.

Let me give you a few examples from the question description you wrote:

• "I mess up while speaking."
  • "I am afraid of people listening to me."
  • "My grammar haunts me."
  • "This is denting my confidence."

These sentences and similar ones are what you probably tell yourself every day. How are you supposed to be confident if you talk to yourself like that?

Not too long ago I had similar issues. Please trust me when I tell you that no significant change will happen unless you stop putting yourself down!

Ok, now let's get to the bottom of this.

What gives you the impression that you mess up while speaking?

Have people come up to you and told you "You are messing up and it is annoying us."
I bet no one did anything like that. And no, the reason is not that they are being polite.

Here is the truth. People don't think you screw up! Only you do!

A friend of mine is the most confused dude I have ever come across. Whenever he tells a story or tries to explain something everyone starts to laugh halfway through because he stumbles over his words so much. Even worse, he often speaks in such a low voice that people ask him to repeat what he said all the time, after which he repeats the sentence – equally low.

But do you know what his friends and I think about him? We think it's a loveable characteristic of his. Sure we could judge him as insecure and confused, but he doesn't think of himself like that and therefore no one else does.

He is the cutely confusing guy to women and a funny guy (in a good way) to his male friends. And an awesome human being in general, I might add.

Back to you.

What can you do to be more confident in future conversations?

1. You need a new framework for thinking about yourself.

Here it is:

• "Whenever I speak people want to listen." – think about it. Whenever you get nervous because people are listening to you PEOPLE ARE LISTENING TO YOU. Seems like you are a pretty interesting person to listen to.
  • "It's ok to make mistakes. Actually, it's kind of fun." – mistakes are the funny stories of the future.
  • "What I think others think about me is none of my business." – you are not a mindreader.
  • "I know I am a valuable human being whether I make a grammar error or not." – sounds weirdly obvious.
  • "Every time I make a mistake I learn from it and become a little bit more confident." – confidence comes from comfort, and comfort comes from repetition. Homework: watch the movie Edge of Tomorrow for a great example of confidence through repetition.

2. Tell yourself something like the sentences above in front of the mirror. Every day!

3. Whenever you start getting these dreaded feelings during a conversation tell yourself "I'm gonna be ok."

Improving your conversational skills is an admirable and extraordinarily useful goal of course. Therefore, practice the tips in the answers people gave you. But always remember to build upon a solid foundation, in this case a strong mindset.

Wish you all the best. If you have any further questions feel free to ask. :)

Image source: Epic Inspirational Quotes

What makes a good tester? The difference between a student and a really good QA engineer is simple: the student wants to be done. A good test engineer wants the program to be wrong.

And that is basically why the latter finds bugs while the former does not. If you want to write good and mostly-bug-free code, you must want your program to be incorrect as well. If you want to break it, you will probably find ways to break it. You will find counterexamples to parse inputs, you will find overflow conditions that break your loops, and so on.

I'd say that probably gets you about 70% there. The other 30

What makes a good tester? The difference between a student and a really good QA engineer is simple: the student wants to be done. A good test engineer wants the program to be wrong.

And that is basically why the latter finds bugs while the former does not. If you want to write good and mostly-bug-free code, you must want your program to be incorrect as well. If you want to break it, you will probably find ways to break it. You will find counterexamples to parse inputs, you will find overflow conditions that break your loops, and so on.

I'd say that probably gets you about 70% there. The other 30% is practice and technique. To be genuinely good at writing bug-free code, you (first of all) have to have reached a sort of critical mass, where you've seen most variations of the "common" bugs that happen in the sorts of code you write. This comes from experience. Beyond that, there are other things that make life easier. Some tips I think are helpful:

• Lift as much of your program as you can into pure functions--functions that have no side-effects at all. It's easier to reason about functions if you know that you simply supply arguments and get results. Any mutation to program state whatsoever introduces the possibility that subtle state-altering behavior will be encountered later. It's usually not worth it, just guarantee that it's a pure function and avoid changing that if at all possible.
  • Related to #1, use languages that encourage you to use pure functions. It doesn't have to be a language like Haskell or Scheme, though that certainly helps. You can use a language like Ruby and Python as well.
  • Minimize bookkeeping. For loops, pointer iteration, anything like that, is your enemy. If you change the underlying structure of something, then anything that accesses that structure (like a for loop) may fail. Where possible, you should abstract away anything that looks into the structure of an object into its own function/method, rather than using bare loops.
  • Related to that point, remember to always check everything that touches an object when you change it. That is, if you change some structure in an object, make sure that anything that touches this substructure is also changed correspondingly. This alone causes an incredible number of bugs.

That should get you started. Good luck.

These are good and insightful answers. I'd like to weigh in with some direct experience from my own life.

At one point in my career I had to make many hundreds (ultimately many thousands) of phone calls on a regular basis to both institutional and retail investors. The people I was representing were offering to purchase their positions in non-performing limited partnerships for dimes on the dollar.

Naturally, calling a stranger to talk to them about something that had already caused them anger made me the recipient of wrath. I had to overcome the stress of this, and not let that stress appear

These are good and insightful answers. I'd like to weigh in with some direct experience from my own life.

At one point in my career I had to make many hundreds (ultimately many thousands) of phone calls on a regular basis to both institutional and retail investors. The people I was representing were offering to purchase their positions in non-performing limited partnerships for dimes on the dollar.

Naturally, calling a stranger to talk to them about something that had already caused them anger made me the recipient of wrath. I had to overcome the stress of this, and not let that stress appear in my voice and thus travel down the wire.

At some point in my life, I forget quite when, I had read about a trick airlines taught (or required) reservation agents to do: Place a mirror in front of you and smile into it while you speak on the phone. I took one of my wife's small makeup mirrors to the office and gave it a try. Incredibly, it worked.

It's absolutely true that in person fake smiles are blindingly obvious, as Anna observes in her answer. This is because while we can consciously form our mouths into a smile we cannot consciously cause the muscles around our eyes to simultaneously move in coordination with them (see TED talk I have linked to in another answer).

Yet, repetition works: perfect practice makes better. And so I propose you try what I did - in non-obvious situations, perhaps while talking on the phone at home or in the office.

Obviously, I'm no expert in these things, but you might find that what you practice alone becomes what you perform in public.

I hope this helps.

Adam Sterling.

Thanks for the A2A.

They did a study of people once comparing people who studied logic with people who studied chess and found that teaching people chess helped them think logically even more so than teaching them logic.

The reason for that is that our brains are visual, and most of the tenets of logic don't map cleanly into that visual thinking. But chess is both logical and visual.

Ideas such as transposition, overloading of pieces, pawn chain weaknesses and the like play into logic well in ways that mesh with the brains visual processing nature.

So I'd recommend, assuming you want deep skills a

Thanks for the A2A.

They did a study of people once comparing people who studied logic with people who studied chess and found that teaching people chess helped them think logically even more so than teaching them logic.

The reason for that is that our brains are visual, and most of the tenets of logic don't map cleanly into that visual thinking. But chess is both logical and visual.

Ideas such as transposition, overloading of pieces, pawn chain weaknesses and the like play into logic well in ways that mesh with the brains visual processing nature.

So I'd recommend, assuming you want deep skills and are not in a hurry, taking up chess and reading some books on it, then looking at some classic games and playing against people online and against computer opponents and analyzing the games.

You'll find that this increases your ability to start combining logical thoughts.

Then learn things like common fallacies of thinking and other philosophical thoughts.

If you want to go the computer programming route, a good book is this one, Structure and interpretation of computer programs at http://deptinfo.unice.fr/~roy/sicp.pdf which takes things from a logician's perspective.

The most important single questions to start asking yourself are

1. If this is true what else must also be true?

2. If this is true what else must also be false?

3. If this is false what else must also be true?

4. If this is false what else must also be false?

Or, put more succinctly:

"If I know this one (or set of) thing(s), what else can I conclude and also know?"

One other thing I did for a while is played sudoko for fun, and after a couple of weeks started playing without using a pencil (doing the whole thing in my head). That will build up your ability to not only see relationships, but to pile one relationship on top of another.

But it has it's limits (not always easy to transfer the skill to other logic domains) and does get boring after a while, so mix it up.

1. The key to studying regularly is to switch between subjects.
  2. The toughest exams in the world require you to write an exam for 4-10 subjects in a single day.
  3. Let me tell you my today's experiment :
  • I did 18 pages of Indirect Taxes in the 1st hour.
  • Then 14 pages in the 2nd hour (after a break)
  • Then 13 pages of the same in the 3rd hour (after a bigger break)
  • The productivity kept coming down.
  • Frustration kept coming up.
  • I took up a different subject post that but I was unable to solve a simple question.
  • Eventually I hated coming back to my study table.

So...
Be regular.
Keep changing subjects.
Study abou

1. The key to studying regularly is to switch between subjects.
  2. The toughest exams in the world require you to write an exam for 4-10 subjects in a single day.
  3. Let me tell you my today's experiment :
  • I did 18 pages of Indirect Taxes in the 1st hour.
  • Then 14 pages in the 2nd hour (after a break)
  • Then 13 pages of the same in the 3rd hour (after a bigger break)
  • The productivity kept coming down.
  • Frustration kept coming up.
  • I took up a different subject post that but I was unable to solve a simple question.
  • Eventually I hated coming back to my study table.

So...
Be regular.
Keep changing subjects.
Study about 3-4 subjects in a day.
Pen down the pages that you've covered during the day.

Now the most important: Whatever you prepared, needs revision in the next day itself. Now you might be thinking that revision will consume some additional hours..haha! (Rolling on bed and laughing)
Revision will not take more than 10-15 minutes if you do it the very next day.
The same thing will take 30 minutes if you take it up in the weekend.
So don't skip on revisions.

It is possible to get a rank in the country just by studying in an efficient way. Number of hours you study, don't count in most cases.

I got a rank in my country in a competitive exam by switching subjects and doing an honest 12 hour day preparation for a week... that's it!! Just for a week.

In other cases, I would dream and I would be deadly serious to complete a subject but still was unable to produce results. It became harder to even pass the exams; let alone getting a rank.

So let me share a simple and scientific way of studying and retaining a subject:

• First read a small topic (it might take 30-60 minutes)
  • Then revise it within 24 hours.
  • Then revise within 7 days.
  • Then revise within a month.
  • Then revise within 6 months.
  • Now it's in your permanent memory. You can now safely lock your notes in a cupboard.

And please, don't think of a time table, schedule, etc. Time table will work only when you already are in a habit of studying. If you don't have a certain habit and you keep setting targets it will bring your morale down and the targets will barely be achieved.

All the best mate!

When you keep a ball on an inclined plane, it starts rolling.

So, what set the ball rolling? The inclination!

Therefore, to create the inclination in your mind to study or to achieve anything, you have to become ambitious.

If you meet (think about, talk to, or even read about) great people who have made achivements, you too will be inspired to make great achievements.

A company of better, knowledgeable, wise and experienced good people (who do not take advantage of your situation) can help you get the right kind of guidance you need.

AT the BOTTOM, I have given an EASY breathing technique, which he

When you keep a ball on an inclined plane, it starts rolling.

So, what set the ball rolling? The inclination!

Therefore, to create the inclination in your mind to study or to achieve anything, you have to become ambitious.

If you meet (think about, talk to, or even read about) great people who have made achivements, you too will be inspired to make great achievements.

A company of better, knowledgeable, wise and experienced good people (who do not take advantage of your situation) can help you get the right kind of guidance you need.

AT the BOTTOM, I have given an EASY breathing technique, which helps in improving, memory, concentration, attention span, energy, etc., and also help one in reducing excess flab, CURE allergies, headaches, backache, etc., and reduce sleep.

ABOUT MEMORY: A hint

If you are shown a photograph for a few seconds and it is hidden among (say 100) similar photographs, can you find it easily? YES. You can.

Again, if you are described the appearance of a person in a photograph for about 10 minutes and then asked to identify the person among 50 photos, will you be able to do it easily? NO. You cannot.

This proves that seeing is understanding/believing and remembering.

Therefore, if you can understand by seeing what read in your mind, then you can remember it forever as you remeber faces you have seen.

At present I am working on such a technique and finding it a success. Will soon share it with all.

ABOUT CONCENTRATION: A hint

Concentration is doing one thing at the exclusion of others things.

For this, one needs to train his mind or learn to focus his mind by employing any one of the various concentration techniques.

Pranayama and meditation (taught by proper people) can help you achieve this!

I have done this too and getting a good response from school and college students.

TO CONTROL EMOTIONS:

To channelize our emotions, we need a purpose in life. Before that, we need to improve our personality.

YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO BE WASTING YOUR LIFE!

You have a long way ahead in your life. You know at least to seek proper advice.

Everyone in this world has some reasons in doing what one is doing.

Many youngsters miss a lot of inputs between home, school and colleges, that help them to blossom fully.

In order to face real world challenges, we need to build a strong personality.

Most important thing is being POSITIVE. This is no so easy.

We need to understand that A Difficulty is not the REAL Difficulty, A challenge is not a REAL challenge (i.e. a problem is not a problem), But not being able to FACE, and not even facing a challenge out of FEAR of failure, is the real problem.

If you cannot solve some problem, it is not your problem! Just as one doctor refers a case to a higher doctor, we have to take the help of better people to face the problem and deal with it.

We can be as INTELLIGENT, as WISE and as CAPABLE as the best in the world through as NETWORK connected POSITIVE PEOPLE.

Personality is the sum total of one's appearance, manners and attitudes, and abilities.

Please go through below article before you embark on personality development.

Mainly the one who can really help you is yourself. Also you need to trust the right persons/friends to help you.

There is no DEARTH of GOOD GUYS in this world. You just need to find some good friend to share your pleasures and pains with. ,A NETWORK/COMPANY of RIGHT PEOPLE only can really motivate you. So, SEARCH for a connection of better people is a requirement/major need in life.

It is not only good grades or HIGH GRADES that make you great or successful in life.

If you look at Dhirubai Ambani who was not even a graduate, he built an EMPIRE worth thsousands of crores of rupees: you realise that academic performance is not the only or main criterion to succeed in life.

WISDOM and LUCK play important ROLE in life and can also PLAY HAVOC in life if you LACK THEM.

It is not right always to think that you alone should take care of all your problems.

You can seek wisdom from right person/s. WISDOM is greater that INTELLIGENCE and can WIN YOU WARS!SO SEEK WISDOM IN LIFE.

ONLY ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IS NOT THE KEY TO SUCCESS OR HAPPINESS IN LIFE.

There are other things that may help you to be successful and be happy.

All the abilities are hidden in us, but they can be tapped only if we believe in ourselves. So, this time believe in yourself and do the right thing that is within your reach.

This is a beautiful world. You are meant to face the difficulties and emerge victorious. All the difficulties are supposed to be tests in our life to test our strengths.When we pass a test, we are elevated to higher levels in life.

We find new reasons to live. This life is precious. We should not waste it. It is only cowardly to do so.

We cannot solve all the problems in our life ourselves. We need to find and take the assistance of right people.We are not alone in this world and we should live in a society; we should not be alone and till a stage.

Life is a process of discovery; it is a mystery; discover it and solve it!

Also you need to get better in you behaviour day by day and earn the good wishes of all around you. Then you have led a worthy life.

What keeps you properly motivated every moment is idealistic tendency, which can be obtained by constant companionship with better or greater people, good masters, the right kind of friends, wife, partners, etc.

A desire to achieve great things, excites us and keeps us motivated to work hard which leads to success and lasting happiness.

WISDOM can be learnt by keeping company of and HUMBLY SERVING before better, experienced and knowledgeable people.You do anything 100% sincerely, stick to something or some field rain or shine, sooner or later, you are guaranteed all the good things in life!

We need to learn to be POSITIVE and look a the positive aspects of our personality.

We can surive for long without food but without hope no body can SURVIVE!

SO HOPE FOR THE BEST BUT PREPARE FOR THE WORST.

IT DEPENDS ON YOUR HARDWORK AND THE RIGHT CHOICES AND RIGHT COMPANY YOU HAVE IN LIFE!

So, Personality Development is the RESULT of a prolonged ASSOCIATION with BETTER thoughts and people. It cannot happen overnight.

You can bulid your personality by the following steps.

1) Learn to keep your word; thus, become trustworthy

2) Be punctual

3) Build your character

4) Be balanced minded

5) Learn to respect others

6) Learn to control your anger through Yoga, etc.

So embark on the Journey. HAPPY JOURNEY OF DEVELOPMENT FOR YOU!

SIMPLE BREATHING TECHNIQUE - PANACEA FOR MANY PROBLEMS.

MAN is immensely powerful by NATURE: But he has lost his/her power due to impurities and lack of discipline.

Actually, if you look at man and nature, nature has designed that an animal or a human being goes to bed by 8 pm as usually it gets dark by 7 pm. So, one would easily wake up naturally along with all animals and birds by 4 am - 5.00 am after having about 8 hours of sleep.

Now, with the advent of electric lighting, man has started sleeping late but still desires to wake up early.

But our mind is the most powerful thing. If we make up our mind, we can force ourselves to do what we want. But the following is an easy way to wake up early.

The easiest solution I have taught to thousands of people already as a Yoga Trainer is as follows:

Sit in Vajrasana. The position of kneeling sitting with legs folded and knees touching each other.

Then you need to do deep breathing in 5 positions of palm and fingers one after other consecutively in the same order as shown below:

CHIN MUDRA: This mudra Palm facing down, thumb index finger making a ring and other 3 fingers touching each other, to be placed on the lap, as shown:

CHINMAYA MUDRA: Palm facing down, to be kept on the lap as shown.

ADI MUDRA: Thumb below the little finger, folding other four fingers over the thumb, Palm facing down, to be kept on the lap.

MERU DANDA: Both hands to be in this position to be kept on the lap.

PURNA MUDRA: Make this position of the hands, keep on the lap, palm facing up and press on the lap straightening the shoulders.

RULES TO BE FOLLOWED COMPULSORILY:

• If you have taken heavy food, you need to do this mudra yoga only 3-4 hours later. If taken tea or coffee, 1 hour later. On empty stomach, you can do this in the morning for 5 min.
  • To do this type of mudra yoga breathing, your nose must not be blocked by cold. You can do this only if both nostrils are open and you can breath normally.
  • Holding each mudra position, take deep breath: inhale slowly, inhale fully: exhale slowly, exhale fully. Do this 7 times for each position of the hand on the thighs consecutively in the same order with eyes closed.
  • DO THIS IN A CLEAN AND DUST & SMOKE - FREE place only.
  • Though this is the least strenuous type of breathing, if you face any problems while doing this, consult yoga trainers.
  • Ladies should not practice this for 3 days during their monthly periods.
  • These five mudras, 7 times each, will take a total of 5 min to do. Do 7 cycles (1 cycle = once inhale, once exhale) of breathing for each mudra. Do not do more.
  • Practice this for 7 days, check if your sleep is reduced or not and get back to me. If helpful, you can continue this throughout your life.

BENEFITS OF PRANAYAMA

• Reduction of sleep
  • Increase in physical and mental energy
  • Burning of excess fat
  • Increase in concentration
  • Increase in memory
  • Reduction in stress
  • Lustrous skin
  • Longer life, etc. just to quote a few.

Please send me a message if you have any doubts. If you have any medical problems, abnormalities, please consult your Physician before doing this.

You can go through my answer on Quora regarding meditation, which helps in increaing concentration.

Please read my Blogs: Wisdom : http://www.wisebee.quora.com

A2A

Let me try to explain with simple example— Task is to find student whose rank is first and last in class. Before you write code, follow these steps. These will help you in resolving your problem.

• Understand what you want to do carefully and define correct problem definition.

we can define our problem as “Find Max and Min Marks from list”

• Break down main task into smaller tasks

Task looks easier when you devide it into smaller tasks. Here, You can break down it as--

1. Read all student’s names and marks.
  2. Sort Students by marks in descending order
  3. Print name of student with first rank as first record f

A2A

Let me try to explain with simple example— Task is to find student whose rank is first and last in class. Before you write code, follow these steps. These will help you in resolving your problem.

• Understand what you want to do carefully and define correct problem definition.

we can define our problem as “Find Max and Min Marks from list”

• Break down main task into smaller tasks

Task looks easier when you devide it into smaller tasks. Here, You can break down it as--

1. Read all student’s names and marks.
  2. Sort Students by marks in descending order
  3. Print name of student with first rank as first record from list
  4. Print name of student with last rank as last record from list

Go further and break down these task again into smaller tasks.

For Ex: Read all student’s names and marks can be break down as follow:

1. Define data-structure or variables to hold all student’s names and marks.
  2. Define input method for reading data.
  3. Get input and validate.
  4. Add input to defined database (variable or database)
  • Always look for alternative.

There is always another way to do it. Before you proceed, check if there is any alternative way of solving problem and select simplest and easiest alternative.

For example in our case, we can solve it other way as follow :

1) Read student’s name and marks

2) Save it into database.

3) Fetch student with Max value of mark from database using database query, print as first rank

4)Fetch student with min value of mark from database using database query, print as last rank

• Analyze

re-think on what you have decided and consider all possibilities to ensure 100% correctness.

Now, as you have list of small task, star coding. Start with simplest task.

Apply above for any programm you want write. If you still find it difficult, For few days, forget about programming and start solving logical puzzles. once you feel you are comfortable with it, come back to programming.

Luminous Learning

Starter Puzzles

Once you feel more than comfortable with solving these puzzles, come back to programming and try to follow these instructions.

Above All-- as mentioned in every answer to this question- Practice!! Any technique will not work without practice.

If you want to be more logical you should understand one thing:

Actions have consequences.

Who else remembers this book?

Don't feed the rats, they ask for too much.

Consequences always follow actions, the way to use logic to make better decisions is to anticipate the consequences before deciding to act.

Think If (action) -> then (consequence)

Don't take too long because inaction also has consequences. What's the cost of not taking action?

This was a very vague question but I hope this helps.