Has Google Pay ever been hacked?

Yes, recently got update on whatsapp says google pay has been hacked. Here is how and what you need to be very careful and check

any unknown online transaction or incoming call will tell you that they will send money or a request on google pay which you have to click and pay(don’t click links under the amount box) online. Pls don’t even try to click and pay or receive amount. They can hack your account immediately. Attaching a screenshot that happened recently.

Your Google Pay TEZ account is linked to NPCI,s UPI ( National Payment Corporation of India’s Unified Payment Interface) which is backed by RBI with a fraudent transaction insurance of Rs.100000, thus even if Google Pay or Phone pay or any other app which uses UPI gets hacked will not effect the UPI because the google pay app connects to UPI through internet so until and unless someone clones your SIM which is linked to your bank account,knows your UPI password, debit card details one cannot hack it in the sense to trasfer the money. Unless you himself/herself give him all details.

Note: Fraude

Your Google Pay TEZ account is linked to NPCI,s UPI ( National Payment Corporation of India’s Unified Payment Interface) which is backed by RBI with a fraudent transaction insurance of Rs.100000, thus even if Google Pay or Phone pay or any other app which uses UPI gets hacked will not effect the UPI because the google pay app connects to UPI through internet so until and unless someone clones your SIM which is linked to your bank account,knows your UPI password, debit card details one cannot hack it in the sense to trasfer the money. Unless you himself/herself give him all details.

Note: Fraudent transaction insurance covers only those transaction which are carried out through UPI server automatically, it would not compensate anyone who has himself given the OTP, or provided the UPI ID then approved the third party for fund transfer.

Yes,mine was also hacked by Google pay. I talked to bank manager about it and he advised me to changed my registered mobile no. and ATM pin no. So I did and now automatic withdrawal of my money has been stopped. After that I uninstalled google pay from my phone. Paytm is better

It's possible to have any of the technological online account even a bank account. But it's not that too easy as hacking a WiFi router. It can't hacked by everyone but it can be done by some of the professional hackers.

Coming back to Google pay it protected with the encryption out there. So no need to worry.

Yes. I hacked it, and they never accepted it. They even tried to manage the media to whom I approached. So just to be clear, I admire Google a lot, they are remarkable, but they are not God.

The story starts in the year 2006 when I was new to blogging and found that ads on blogs could be a way to make extra money. I then got registered to Google AdSense and made their ads live on my blog. It was apparently mentioned in Google’s terms to not click or make someone available to click those ads. That raised an urge for me to understand how their system works.

Fast forward 6 months from then, I found

Yes. I hacked it, and they never accepted it. They even tried to manage the media to whom I approached. So just to be clear, I admire Google a lot, they are remarkable, but they are not God.

The story starts in the year 2006 when I was new to blogging and found that ads on blogs could be a way to make extra money. I then got registered to Google AdSense and made their ads live on my blog. It was apparently mentioned in Google’s terms to not click or make someone available to click those ads. That raised an urge for me to understand how their system works.

Fast forward 6 months from then, I found a way to cheat their system. I then wrote to Google about the loophole and they denied. I then contacted media so that they would understand and cover what I have found. Multiple media houses showed me the gate outside and never believed in me. Bangalore's Times of India’s Sr. Reporter however believed me and started exploring, but after some time he also stopped responding. When I asked him, he said, “Buddy, Google is pushing a lot to not to cover it. I told them that even if I won’t then someone else might. Then they told me, ‘we will manage that but you shouldn't publish it.’”

I never bothered that reporter afterwards, as I was able to get what’s at stake and might be any deal they had. I kept on looking for someone for 11 months and then one day I got a reply from DIGIT. They agreed to investigate it further and appointed someone from their team. They took almost 3 months to verify my claim and published a cover story in the November 2007 edition. Here is the PDF of the that article got published:

http://mgoos.com/Nov_07.pdf

I later got interviewed by French and Belgian media and got a lot of admiration for what I had found. It later took more than 6 months for Google to come up with a fix.

Edit: It’s important to note that Google remained vulnerable for so long.

Which time? 5 seconds ago? An hour ago? Yesterday?

Here's a tip. Google gets “hacked” every day. They even pay strangers to do it!

WHAT.

Put aside whatever Hollywood or Media definition you THINK you know about what “hacking” means. Hacking; is the action or act (Hack) by which data, information, security, authentication or services are accessed by individuals, groups or programs in ways not originally intended.

When a company has a data breach where all your passwords are posted; that's a hack.

When some talented individual finds a way to bypass 2-Factor Auth on a Google account; that's a hack.

Whe

Which time? 5 seconds ago? An hour ago? Yesterday?

Here's a tip. Google gets “hacked” every day. They even pay strangers to do it!

WHAT.

Put aside whatever Hollywood or Media definition you THINK you know about what “hacking” means. Hacking; is the action or act (Hack) by which data, information, security, authentication or services are accessed by individuals, groups or programs in ways not originally intended.

When a company has a data breach where all your passwords are posted; that's a hack.

When some talented individual finds a way to bypass 2-Factor Auth on a Google account; that's a hack.

When someone finds a way to redirect Google AdSense listings data to defraud revenue; that's a hack.

Etc etc.

Google has (some of the best) bounty programs, where individuals are compensated for finding bugs/exploits/faults in their systems and programs. They encourage individuals to find their faults and let them know.

Google gets “hacked” everyday.

If you're referring to malicious attacks and breaches? The true identities of everyone who did so might never be made public, as it's extremely difficult to find and prosecute those perpetrators.

Hope this helps!

A2A.

Why do you think Google services are free?

Maybe because creators of Google are​really good at heart. They just want to create awesome products that people will love to use and make them accessible to everyone. Crap. Crap. Crap.

Remember if any company isn't charging you for their products, you're the product!

Google is basically an ad company. They don't have any other revenue generation system that pays them off as well as ad campaign. As such having relevant ads from the user's perspective really makes a lot of sense.

So what Google does is - Collect data from users end and store them at th

A2A.

Why do you think Google services are free?

Maybe because creators of Google are​really good at heart. They just want to create awesome products that people will love to use and make them accessible to everyone. Crap. Crap. Crap.

Remember if any company isn't charging you for their products, you're the product!

Google is basically an ad company. They don't have any other revenue generation system that pays them off as well as ad campaign. As such having relevant ads from the user's perspective really makes a lot of sense.

So what Google does is - Collect data from users end and store them at theirs. Now once they've your data, they know you better than you know yourself. The key reason why they do this and how are they wildly successful doing this lies in one word Relevance. Don't you see an ad of something you've been searching for appear on you search results page. How do you think Google knows that? Remember your​ data.

So, if anyone hacked Google, they're aim will probably be to steal data. That being said Google has been hacked in the past a couple of times and strict measures have been taken against the hackers. Also user protection is maintained at all levels, so no worries there. But these days, hacking Google is pretty tough in the nose job as they've the brightest of minds working for them. And now, they also organise”Find a bug” wherein if you find a bug and report it, you'll get rewarded.

P.S.- Folks from which nation do you think gets rewarded most ?

The answer is India because we're experts in finding others' mistakes.

~SS

No. It's next to impossible. They are highly secured apps and trusted by people worldwide. It is obvious that you can't hack it probably. They are specially designed for keeping and managing the accounts of people safely and very carefully. If you even try hacking them and if you are caught this can be very serious. You may also receive a legal punishment

It will be a major concern as he/she will now only be able to buy anything but also will have access to the database of all the google users but we don't need to worry as it's impossible to hack google….LOL as long as we have Google security princess

Yes Paytm has been hacked, even it hack daily by my friends and sometimes me too.

There are lots of hackers intruding into their databses, and playing with their platform, but they don't care simply because their developrs and security guys are just trained persons and they never understand what is the problem we are stating in front of them.

In recent ays we hacked paytm's DATABASE and they offered my friend a bounty of RS.1000 , such a shame for PAYTM.

Paytm is not secure platform , even it is a garbage bin in itself as compare to paypal and coinbase.

And hacking paytm is a waste of time.

If it is hacked, messages from your bank surely come that $_____ have been taken out.

If you think it's hacked, you can contact Google or you can go to your bank and buy an hacker security, costing ₹1500, OneAssist. Before it will be set up, it will checked up if there any.

Or check out videos. They may help you.

• Ankit

Impossible.you won't get your money back, you need to spend some money in the form of petrol or time for going to police station to file a case against him(the police will ask a letter from the bank and a letter from Google pay also they will ask) .

You need to continously followup with the police daily (you need to waste your time) else they won't be serious in your case.