Are there some free but meaningful IT certificates I can get online?

The short answer is "No."

The medium-length answer is that if the certification were really worth something, you would not be able to get it for free. There are a couple of tests on BrainBench that are in beta testing that you can take at no cost. That said -- how meaningful Brainbench certifications are is subject to debate. For a given certification to really be meaningful, it needs to cover a set of information useful to the marketplace; have solid set of standards for determining that someone has learned that information; and provide a reasonable method for ensuring that the 'certified' in

The short answer is "No."

The medium-length answer is that if the certification were really worth something, you would not be able to get it for free. There are a couple of tests on BrainBench that are in beta testing that you can take at no cost. That said -- how meaningful Brainbench certifications are is subject to debate. For a given certification to really be meaningful, it needs to cover a set of information useful to the marketplace; have solid set of standards for determining that someone has learned that information; and provide a reasonable method for ensuring that the 'certified' individual is really the person who took the test. It also helps if the certifying authority is one that is respected in the particular knowledge area covered by the credential (for example it would make little sense for an Oracle certification to be offered/backed by Microsoft). All of the above points are unlikely to be present in a free certification offered online.

The long answer should be on the Certification Magazine website in a couple of months. I'm actually writing an article on the topic that I'll be submitting to my editor in a few days. It likely won't publish until May or June though.

Everything nice in this world comes with a price tag dear friend. And it is not advised to go for a free course or certification program when it comes to education. It's all about building your career and it is imperative for you to look up for some of the most trustworthy and renowned trainers in the world who could teach you the desired course with utmost capability. Look up for good courses on Coursera or Sulekha and make a wise choice.